Create your address on the web.
Move your domain name to IONOS.
- Free Domain
Secure site traffic and build trust.
Protect your domain from threats.
Create your own website easily.
Our experts build your website.
Create your own online store.
Fast, scalable hosting for any website.
Deploy your site, app, or PHP project from GitHub.
Optimized for speed, reliablity and control.
Powerful Exchange email and Microsoft's trusted productivity suite.
Collaborate smarter with Google's cloud-powered tools.
Secure and share your data on the go.
Protect your data from viruses, ransomware, and loss.
Reach out with your own email address.
Safeguard your emails against loss.
Pay as you go with your own scalable private server.
Your fully virtualized private server.
Get enterprise hardware with unlimited traffic
Individually configurable, highly scalable IaaS cloud
- Website Checker
- Favicon Generator
- Business Name Generator
- Whois Lookup
- SSL Checker
- Logo Creator
- IP Address Check
- Domain Check
- Validation service
- Wie gefällt Ihnen der Artikel? 0 0 -->
Error 651 | explanation and troubleshooting
When it comes to computers at home or at work, it’s difficult to find a way around Windows. The operating system made by Microsoft is included for free with most PCs, which makes it a convenient option for private and professional users. In terms of features and performance, the various Windows versions leave little to be desired for if it weren’t for the suddenly appearing errors , that can rarely be decoded based on the error message alone.
Among these cryptic notifications is Error 651 . While it’s best known in the context of Windows 7, Error 651 also poses a problem for newer versions like Windows 8 and Windows 10 when a LAN network connection is being established. What’s behind this Windows error and how can the connection problem be solved?
Windows Error 651: What’s behind it?
Solution 1: restart the network device and pc, solution 2: reinstall network adapter drivers, solution 3: replace current version of the file raspppoe.sys, solution 4: use manual settings for speed and duplex mode, how to troubleshoot error 651 in windows 7 and 8.
Even if your computer is correctly connected to the router or modem with a network cable, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to connect to the Internet. Incorrect configurations, for example, or old or missing drivers on a system could lead to error messages. A typical network problem of this kind is Error 651, known from the Microsoft systems Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. It looks something like this:
In newer versions, like Windows 8 and Windows 10, Error 651 is usually due to a problem with the network adaptor , which is where the hardware of the PC meets that of the network device. Concretely, the culprit is usually a driver that was incorrectly installed, is out of date, or is completely missing from the network adapter.
Error 651 can also be traced back to RASPPPOE ( RAS PPP o ver E thernet), especially in Windows 7. This universal driver , which is saved in the system file raspppoe.sys, is often used in place of the official driver from the manufacturer of the network device. If this file is damaged, it may result in connection problems.
Error 651 in Windows 8 and Windows 10 only comes up when trying to establish a connection with a LAN cable . Wireless connections using WiFi are not affected by the problem, meaning that you can fall back on your WiFi connection in case you encounter this error.
Troubleshooting Error 651 in Windows 10 – a how-to guide
Running into connection error 651 is an indication that communication between your PC and your DSL router or DLAN adapter has been interrupted . Unfortunately, since there can be different reasons for this, there isn’t a universal fix for the problem. However, the following four approaches offer you a good shot at tackling Error 651 in Windows 10.
Before you look into drivers or concrete network settings, you should try restarting your devices . This means disconnecting your router or DLAN adapter from the power source and reconnecting it after around 30 seconds .
If you’re still having connection problems, you can also try restarting your computer . To do this in Windows 10, open the start menu using the Windows icon, click the “ On/off ” button, and then click on the option “ Restart ”:
Drivers play an important role in network communication. If a device is connected to your PC with a LAN cable, the network adapter has to be equipped with an appropriate and up-to-date driver package. Windows 10 takes care of this automatically, but there’s always the possibility that the driver software is out of date or damaged or even that it’s missing entirely. In this case, reinstalling your network adapter drivers is the quickest way to solve any resulting problems, such as Error 651.
You’ll need administrator privileges to install or de-install system drivers!
The individual steps for reinstalling your network adapter drivers are as follows:
- Open the control panel using the start menu (Windows icon).
- Select “ Device Manager ” from the list of control panel elements.
- Open the entry for “ Network Adapters ” by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Right-click on Ethernet Connection , which is responsible for establishing LAN connections, and select “ Deinstall .”
- Afterwards, restart Windows 10. As soon as the system is running again, it will automatically load and reinstall the driver software you just deleted. Alternatively, you can download the driver for the adapter directly from the manufacturer’s website and install it manually.
As mentioned above, Windows sometimes uses the universal adapter RASPPPoE to set up network adapters, meaning that the file raspppoe.sys is another possible culprit behind malfunctions in network hardware . So if your connection failed with Error 651, it could be that this file is damaged. If you have a second Windows device where the LAN is working as usual, you can replace the damaged raspppoe.sys with an intact version. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the directory \ Windows\System32\drivers on the working Windows PC.
- Copy the file named raspppoe.sys (right-click and “Copy”) onto any external storage device such as a USB stick or external hard drive (right-click and “Paste”).
- Connect the storage device to the computer with the 651 error. Open the directory \ Windows\System32\drivers and replace the raspppoe.sys file with the one from your storage device.
- Re-start Windows 10.
If you don’t have access to the raspppoe.sys file (in order to copy and delete it), you can give yourself the necessary authorization, as long as you’re an administrator or have administrator privileges. You can do so via the following steps:
- Right-click on the raspppoe.sys file.
- Choose the menu item “ Properties .”
- Click on the “ Security ” tab.
- Change the access authorization for your user account.
If you haven’t had any success with the first three solutions, you can also try to manually adjust the settings for broadband connections. Specifically, this means setting the transmission rate for LAN connections to at least 10 Mbit/s (full duplex) - in Windows 10, it’s possible to go up to 100 Mbit/s or even 1 Gbit/s.
In order to manually define the network speed, follow these instructions:
- Open the Control Panel using the Windows start menu.
- Choose “ Network and Sharing Center ”.
- Click on “ Change adapter settings ” in the menu on the left side.
- Right-click on the LAN connection that’s causing the 651 error and choose “Properties” from the pop-up menu.
- Choose the “Configure” button and then go to the “Advanced” tab.
- Select the entry “Speed and Duplex Mode” from the list and then set your desired value (min. 10 Mbit/s full duplex).
This error in LAN connections isn’t specific to Windows 10. Users of Windows 7 and 8 will also be familiar with the problem, which can stem from communication difficulties between the PC’s network hardware and the router or modem. If you use one of these operating systems and run into Error 651, you can try the solutions we discussed above for Windows 10. Error 651 in Windows 8 and 7 can frequently also be solved with these four methods :
- Restart the network device and/or computer
- Update and/or reinstall the network adapter’s driver software
- Replace the current version of the file raspppoe.sys
- Manually define the maximum broadband speed
As of January 14, 2020, Microsoft no longer offers official support for Windows 7, meaning that technical support and security updates are no longer available. Paid support for companies is still available until 2023. If you are not a paid business customer, we recommend updating to a newer version of Windows . Learn more in our article on the end of support for Windows 7 .
Error 0xc004f050 can appear when you try to activate Windows 10 and the activation cannot be completed successfully. There are a number of possible reasons why you might not be able to activate Windows. These range from a simple typo in the product key to hardware changes on your device. In this guide, we’ll show you how to resolve the problem.
Regular Windows updates are supposed to fix problems, but often the update process itself presents problems or fails to launch. For example, Windows error code 0x80240fff is displayed when your system is unable to find relevant updates. This error may be due to a corrupted cache, but it can also be caused by problems connecting to Microsoft Update servers. We’ll show you how to resolve this issue....
The purpose of a Windows update is to implement new features and fix existing issues, but the update process itself can often become a potential source of errors. In such cases, the system may respond with an error code like 0x800f081f, for example. More often than not, the error occurs because an essential update file is missing. We’ll show you the best strategies for troubleshooting this...
Web hosting for agencies.
Provide powerful and reliable service to your clients with a web hosting package from IONOS.
A high profit can be made with domain trading! We show you what aspects to consider when trying your hand at this...
An easy step-by-step guide to getting your dream address...
We show you how exactly to connect your custom email domain with iCloud...
Create your personal email address with your own email domain to demonstrate professionalism and credibility...
what does .io mean and why is the top-level domain so popular among IT companies and tech start-ups...
Wait! We’ve got something for you! Have a look at our great prices for different domain extensions.
6 Ways to Fix the "Connection Failed Error 651" Message on Windows
Here's how to beat the 651 connection error on Windows and get back online.
An ideal world would be one in which you are able to connect to a stable network on Windows without any problems and surf the internet without encountering any interruptions. Sadly, the reality is quite different as it is common for Windows users to encounter network issues now and then.
One such issue is the "Connection Failed Error 651" message. This pops up when the system fails to connect to the targeted connection or an already-established connection gets interrupted. Below, we have discussed a few effective fixes that can help you fix this issue and connect to a wireless connection successfully, in detail.
1. Try a Different Connection
Before you move towards the system-related troubleshooting methods, we recommend that you try a different connection and see if that works. This will help you determine if the issue is within the system or the connected device.
You can also check if other devices cannot connect while you are at it.
2. Run the Network Troubleshooter
If you face any kind of network error on your Windows PC, then running the Network troubleshooter that is built into Windows is a good place to start the troubleshooting process.
This troubleshooter can identify and fix most, if not all issues that you might face while connecting your PC to a network or using a connection. If the troubleshooter finds issues within the system that might be causing the problem, it will suggest relevant fixes that you can apply with a single click.
Here is what you need to do:
- Type "Control Panel" in the search area of the taskbar and click Open .
- You should now see a list of available troubleshooters in Windows. Look for Internet Connections and right-click on it.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to complete its scan. If it suggests any fixes, click on Apply this fix . If not, click on Close the troubleshooter .
- Once done, restart your PC and see if the issue is now resolved.
This is one way of running the Network troubleshooter in Windows. If you are not comfortable using the Control Panel, you can opt for a more simple approach — running the troubleshooter via Window's Settings.
Here is how you can do that:
- Press Win + I together to open Windows Settings.
- Now locate the Internet Connections troubleshooter in the right pane.
- If after the initial scan troubleshooter finds any problems, click on Apply this fix .
- In case no problems are found, select the Close the troubleshooter option and proceed with the next method below.
3. Reset TCP/IP
You might also be facing the issue due to an issue within the TCP or IP settings. In this case, resetting the TCP/IP settings to their default state can help you fix the problem. Doing so will revert configured settings of DNS and other network-related components within Windows.
Follow these steps to proceed:
- Press Win + R keys together to open Run.
- Type cmd in Run and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together to open Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Once the command is executed, restart your PC and check if you can connect to a network without any problems now.
4. Disable IPv6
Another fix that worked for users was disabling IPv6 in the WiFi properties. This internet protocol version is not required for most connections, so disabling it will not affect the connectivity performance of your computer.
Here is how you can disable it:
- Locate the network icon on the taskbar and right-click on it.
- Locate the network you are having issues with and right-click on it.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Once done, try connecting your PC to the targeted connection again and check if it works now.
5. Update the Network Drivers
For you to connect to a network and use it, the network drivers on your system must be up-to-date and functioning well. If for any reason they are not, you are likely to run into issues like the one at hand.
In cases such as these, updating the network drivers might do the trick for you.
- Type Device Manager in Windows Search and click Open .
- Inside the Device Manager window, expand the Network adapters section.
- Locate the wireless adapter and right-click on it.
- Once done, close the Device Manager window and see if the problem is now fixed.
6. Reset Window's Network Configuration
The last method on our list involves resetting the network configuration of Windows to its default state.
If an issue within the network configuration is causing the problem at hand for you, resetting these settings will help you get around the error. However, you are likely to lose your saved connections in this method.
Surf the Internet Without Interruptions
Everyone deserves to use the internet without interruptions but sadly, the frequent network errors in Windows make this experience almost impossible. However, with the right troubleshooting methods and a bit of know-how, you can get your internet connection back up and running in no time.
- 100+ Years of Women In Tech
- The Top 5 Women in Tech
How to Fix Connection Failed With Error 651
A variety of causes could be behind your internet connection error.
- Western Sydney University
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
- The Ultimate Laptop Buying Guide
The error 651 message is common on Windows 7 through Windows 11 and usually appears in a small pop-up window. The actual text varies a bit, depending on the cause of the connection problem, but it always includes this text:
Although annoying, error 651 is a relatively minor problem and shouldn't cause a computer to shut down, restart, or display the blue screen of death .
Causes of a Connection Failed With Error 651 Error
Error 651 indicates that an attempt at a connection to the internet was unsuccessful, or an existing connection has been terminated. A variety of issues can trigger the alert, from incorrect placement of an SYS file, erroneous modem setup, corrupted registry files, an IP address conflict, and driver problems to issues with your internet provider .
How to Fix a Connection Failed With Error 651 Error
Given the number of issues that can cause the Error 651 message, there are many approaches you can take to solve the problem. Here are a few things to try.
Test the connection on another device . It's the easiest way to check if the problem is related to your Windows computer, modem, or service provider.
If you can connect another device to the same Wi-Fi network, the problem lies with the computer. If you can't connect anything else to the same network, the modem, router, or provider is the problem.
Try a different connection . If you can't connect with another Wi-Fi network that you know is working, the problem is the computer. If you can, the connection is to blame.
Check for loose cables . Ensure all power and connection cables are plugged in securely to the computer, modem, router, and wall. This step might seem obvious, but connections come loose.
Reboot the modem and router . Unplug both devices, wait a minute, then plug in both devices. This might take a few minutes.
Restart the computer . This tech tip is a classic for a reason. It fixes a range of temporary glitches and errors.
Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter . All versions of Windows have a built-in internet troubleshooting tool.
Ensure the modem, router, and associated cables are connected before running the Internet Connections Troubleshooter.
Check for Windows updates . Go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates . The Windows update process installs the latest features and security updates. It also scans the computer, fixes errors, and downloads any files that might be missing or corrupted.
Update the network adapter driver . Drivers help hardware run correctly. Installing a newer one, if available, could solve the internet connection problem.
Disable antivirus software. Some antivirus software can prevent Windows computers from connecting to the internet. Pausing the antivirus program or turning it off can fix internet connection issues.
Try these Windows commands. First, you'll need to open Command Prompt . In the Windows search bar, type Command prompt , then select Run as administrator . Next, type these command prompts, pressing Enter after each:
This command resets the Windows networking stack.
This command disables autotuning.
This command re-registers the raspppoe.sys file.
Restart the computer, and check the connection.
A Steam network error can be caused by a number of issues including a network outage, corrupt files, bad password, or a new update.
A connection error on the Google Play store could be the result of a bad connection, a sign that storage space is running out, or require a system update to fix.
Get the Latest Tech News Delivered Every Day
- How to Resolve Limited or No Connectivity Errors in Windows
- How to Fix Netflix Error Code UI-113
- How to Fix a 169 IP Address Error
- How to Fix an IPv6 No Network Access Error
- How to Fix It When Roku Won't Connect to Wi-Fi or Internet
- “Failed to Obtain IP Address”: How to Fix an IP Configuration Failure on Android
- How to Fix a Surface Pro Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
- Roku Error Code 014.30: What It Is and How to Fix It
- 502 Bad Gateway Error: What It Is and How to Fix It
- How to Fix a YouTube Black Screen
- How to Fix the 'A Network Change Was Detected' Error
- How to Fix an Authentication Error in Minecraft
- How to Fix Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 on Any Device
- How to Fix Windows 11 Ethernet Driver Problems
- What to Do When Windows 11 Can't Connect to a Network
- Error 0x8007045d: What It Is and How to Fix It
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
Time-saving software and hardware expertise that helps 200M users yearly. Guiding you with how-to advice, news and tips to upgrade your tech life.
Let's keep in touch!
Error 651: Connection Failed on Windows 10 [Full Fix]
- When getting Connection Failed error 651, you can suspect a Registry issue preventing the tool from recognizing your router or hub device.
- Rather than imagining the worst scenario, take immediate action. Disabling all startup services and running the Network Troubleshooter are some of the most common ways to fix the issue.
- There are several ways to fix this, see how to disable all startup services, enter safe boot, and more.
- It is also a good idea to run the network troubleshooter and make sure that your drivers are up-to-date.
If you are using a wireless connection or a cable Internet connection and you upgraded to Windows 10, you might experience some issues regarding the Connection Failed error 651 that prevents you from using your Internet connection as you should.
What is error 651 in Windows 10? This is an error usually caused by a Registry issue and will prevent the tool from recognizing your router or hub device.
If you are using other devices to connect to your wireless Internet connection, they will work. This is mainly an issue affecting your Windows 10 system.
You don’t have to worry anymore – in this guide, we will list the steps to follow in order to fix error code 651. This will only take you a couple of minutes of your time, so don’t hesitate to follow the instructions listed below.
How do I fix Connection Failed error 651?
1. enter safe boot.
- You will need to restart your Windows 10 and log in to your Safe Mode with the networking features in order to apply the following changes.
- While in Safe mode you need press and hold the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut .
- A Run window will appear.
- Write in the Run window the following command MSCONFIG .
- Press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- Now another window will show and you will need to left-click on the Boot tab situated in the upper side of that window.
- Check the box next to Network under the Options section of the page.
- Reboot your Windows 10 device and check if you still have the Connection Failed error 651 appearing in your system.
2. Disable all startup services
- Press and hold the Windows button and the R button .
- In the Run window that appeared write MSCONFIG .
- Left-click on the Boot tab .
- Uncheck the box next to Safe mode .
- Left-click on the General tab .
- From the features, you have there you need to go to Selective Startup .
- Uncheck the features to clear the selections.
- Left-click on the Startup tab and disable each item you have on that list.
- Reboot your Windows 10 device.
- After the device reboots go again to the MSCONFIG window as you did above.
- Left-click on the Services tab .
- Left-click on the OK button you have on that window.
- Reboot your PC again.
- Check to see if you still have this issue.
- If you don’t have this error anymore it means that one of your startup apps is causing the issue.
- If you still have these issues go back to the MSCONFIG window .
- Left-click on the Normal Startup feature .
- Choose to Reboot the Windows 10 device.
3. Rename the rasppoe.sys file
- When your Windows 10 powers up on the start screen, you need to left-click on the Desktop icon .
- While in your desktop you need to double click on the My Computer icon to open it.
- Double click on the C:/ drive to open it.
- In the C:/ drive double click on the Windows folder to open it.
- In the Windows folder find the System 32 folder and double click on it to open.
- In the System 32 folder double click on the Drivers folder to open it.
- In the Drivers folder, you will need to search for the rasppoe.sys file .
- Download a new rasppoe.sys file from the Internet and copy it in that specific folder where you had the old one.
- After you download this file you should unzip the contents and then copy it to your Drivers folder .
- Reboot the Windows 10 device and see if you still have this issue.
Note: If you want to put the old rasppoe.sys file in the Drivers folder you can delete the one you downloaded and rename the old one you saved above. Rename the rasppoe.sys_backup file to rasppoe.sys and reboot the device.
4. Run the Network Troubleshooter
- Go to Start > type control panel > open Control Panel .
- Restart your computer and check your Internet connection.
If your Internet connection remains unavailable, try running the built-in Network troubleshooter. You can launch it from the Control Panel or the Settings page .
To run the Internet Troubleshooter, you may also go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter and select Internet Connections .
5. Reset TCP/IP
- Type cmd in the search box > right-click on Command Prompt > select Run as administrator .
- Enter the netsh int ip reset reset.log command > wait for the scanning process to complete.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is. Click here to download and start repairing.
If the problem persists, try resetting your TCP/IP. Here are the steps to follow.
If you’re having trouble accessing Command Prompt as an admin, then you better take a closer look at this detailed guide .
6. Update your network drivers
- Launch Device Manager > locate your network adapter driver > right-click on it.
Outdated network drivers may also trigger error 651. To fix the problem, make sure that you’ve installed the latest network drivers on your machine.
⇒ Get DriverFix
7. Disable autotuning
- Launch Command Prompt as Administrator .
- Enter the Netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled command > hit Enter > test your connection.
AutoTuning is a feature that’s meant to improve the performance of apps and programs relying on TCP. However, in some cases, this tool may do more harm than good, and disabling it may help you fix error code 651.
So you now know how to fix your Windows 10 error 651. Please write us below if this article was helpful and if it fixed the Connection Failed error in Windows 10.
Be sure that there are several procedures that can help you solve the Internet connection errors you might be facing these days.
Take a closer look at our Windows 10 errors hub as well as it is filled with more useful guides.
- internet connection errors
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Commenting as . Not you?
Save information for future comments
Does vpn affect email: 5 fixes if vpn has smtp blocked, 9 ways to fix internal power error code on windows 10, directx encountered an unrecoverable error: 4 steps to fix, fix: error connecting to the apple id server on windows 10, your credentials could not be verified: 5 quick fixes, unable to open connection to com1: 8 ways to fix, invalid io boost state error: fix it using these 6 methods, not designed to run on windows: 7 methods to fix this error, 0x800f081e language pack error: use these 5 simple fixes.
How to fix Connection Failed error 651 in Windows 10
Easy solutions for dealing with the Error 651 internet connection error message on Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers.
Sometimes you may encounter the error 651 “The modem (or another connecting device) has reported an error when you try to connect your PC (Windows 7/8/8.1 or 10) to the internet using the broadband connection. Error 651 is a common windows error that usually occurs when we try to establish an internet connection using PPPoE connections. It means that the required system driver file has failed to run which prevents you from using your internet connection as you should.
This error is usually caused by a Registry issue and will prevent the tool from recognizing your Router or Hub device. Again incorrect IP address configuration or Internet connection is broken that may causing error 651 on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7. Here different solutions to fix Error 651 in Windows 10.
Error 651 in Windows 10
Whenever we face any issue on mobile or on pc, the first step we take is to restart the device. And most of the time, doing this will resolve the issue. Let’s restart your PC and/or, Restart your modem or any other internet connecting device. These steps are the most basic and initial troubleshooting.
Also, perform a clean boot and try to connect to the internet that helps if any startup service conflict causing the issue.
Temporarily disable security firewall and remove VPN (if configured on your PC)
Creating New Dial-Up Connection
There are chances the dial-up connection might get hanged and it will not work properly. Let’s first create a new dial-up connection and check if this helps.
- First, open Control Panel
- Click Network and Sharing Center then Change adapter settings(left side)
- Right-click on the existing dial-up connection and click Create Copy.
- Now delete your old dial-up connection and redial with the new connection.
Run the Network Troubleshooter
The Network troubleshooter is a windows automated tool that can find and automatically fix some common networking problems. Let’s run the troubleshooter and allow windows to diagnose and fix the problem itself.
- Open control panel
- Search for and select troubleshooting
- Next click hardware and sound then click network adapter (refer to image below)
- The network adapter troubleshooting window opens, click next and follow on-screen instructions.
Once the troubleshooting completes check the troubleshooting report and let’s know the details. You may also try the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps. Let’s also run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter and check if that helps.
Update your Network drivers
Corrupt, missing, or incompatible network drivers are likely to cause this issue because the connection between the PC and the modem cannot be completed. This is usually the case after upgrading your OS. To reinstall your drivers
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open the device manager window
- Expand the Network Adapter section
- Right-click on your Network card and select ‘ Update driver software …’
- On the next window, click, “Search automatically for updated driver software”
- The device manager will find the drivers from your PC and install your network card
Reinstall Network Adapter
This is the most working troubleshooting step when it comes to internet connection problems. You can simply reinstall the network adapter to fix the Connection Failed Error 651 problem. Just follow the below guide to reinstall the network adapter.
- Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc and press enter key.
- This will open the Windows Device manager here you will see the list of installed device drivers.
- Expend network adapter, right-click on installed network adapter select uninstall.
- Restart your computer and your network adapter will get automatically reinstalled.
Otherwise, you can visit the Device manufacturer website, download the latest available drivers for this device and install it.
Reset TCP/IP on your Windows
TCP/IP is the short-term for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol and is used as a communication protocol in the private network. TCP defines how the programs can create the communication channels through a network, while IP is responsible for the address of each packet and make sure it is sent to the correct destination. Let’s reset the TCP/IP protocol default that probably helps fix the problem.
Open the command prompt as administrator, and perform commands below one by one.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
After the commands are completed, restart your PC and try to connect again.
Disable Auto Tuning Feature
If you are using a router then this method can do the magic, Follow the below steps to disable the auto-tuning feature.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- copy and paste the following command, and press enter key.
Netsh interface TCP set global autotuning=disabled
Now just try to restart/reconnect your internet connection.
Disable IPv6 of your Internet Connection
Also, this solution worked for many users. You can simply disable IPv6 to fix this error. Follow the below guide to disable IPv6.
- Open Control Panel and select Network & Internet.
- Further, choose the Network & Sharing Center.
- Now click on your active network connection.
- Select Properties and switch to the Networking tab.
- Untick/Uncheck Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click on Ok.
Reregister raspppoe.sys file
Raspppoe.sys is a Windows RAS PPPoE mini-port driver file that allows your computer to communicate with hardware or connected devices. If there’s any problem related to its functioning, you’ll get the error.
- Open command prompt as administrator and perform command regsvr32 raspppoe.sys.
- Once done restart your PC and check if the problem is resolved.
These are some best solutions to fix connection failed error 651 for windows 10, 8.1, and 7 computers. Have any query, any new ways to fix this problem feel free to comment below.
- Download Google Chrome (Offline installer) For Windows 10
- Solved: Windows 10 High CPU usage after update!
- How to Remove Activate Windows 10 watermark permanently
- How to block websites using host file on windows 10
- Solved: Unidentified network no internet access on windows 10
- How to Fix APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD in Windows 10/8.1 and 7
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What are difference between static ram and dynamic ram, activate windows 11: what you need and how you can do it, windows 11 version 22h2: all innovations and new functions, 10 warning signs that your windows 10 is virus malware infected, windows 11 laptop stuck on restarting screen 7 solutions to apply, microsoft edge crashes or not working after windows 10 update .
- Hard Drive Failure? Fix it!
- Free Download Get Prices
Error 651 is a frustrating hindrance in the smooth use of the Internet. Windows 7 and Windows 10 users commonly face this issue. Connection Error 651 appears as a pop-up message Connection Failed with Error 651.
In this article you will find out:
- how to deal with this issue
- how to protect your data
Are you ready? Let's read!
What is Error 651?
Error 651 also called the Broadband Connection Error 651" is a connection error that keeps one from connecting to the Internet. This connection failure occurs because of various poor configuration reasons such as the incorrect internet and IP configuration or the network card driver issue. It also results when window devices fail to connect to broadband routers.
Use Safe Boot Option
To safe boot enter the MSCONFIG command into the Run window (Windows key + R). A window will appear with a boot option, left-click it. Below will be the network checkbox with a safe boot option, left-click that as well. Now restart the PC.
Change Startup Preference
In the MSCONFIG window, click on the boot tab. Uncheck the Safe Mode box and go to the General tab. Uncheck the features to clear the selections. Then go to the services tab and click on Disable All Buttons. Uncheck everything in the Startup tab and click apply. Restart your device. Go to the MSCONFIG window again, and hide all Microsoft services in the service tab. Hit the Ok button and restart the device.
Work with Corrupted File
In the C:/ drive open the Windows folder. Open System 32 folder and click on the Drivers folder twice. Rename the rasppoe.sys file there. Download the rasppe.sys file and copy it to the location C:windows:system32:drivers folder. Rename the file to rasppoe.sys if not done already. Restart your PC to check if it has worked.
To troubleshoot the network error, go to the start menu and open the control panel. Search troubleshoot in the search box then click on View All. Select Incoming Connection, Internet Connections, and Network Adapter to troubleshoot. Restart the PC.
Work with Network Setting-
To solve this error by resetting TCP/IP you need to type cmd at the start panel and right-click on it. Then click on run as administrator. Enter netsh int ip reset reset.log command. Once the process is completed, restart the device.
Diskinternals has a great track record of 15 years of data recovery
It can assure you with successful backup so that you can update to the latest OS version and enjoy all the latest features alongside access to your precious personal data at an affordable price.
If you need to update your operating system to gain the latest features, you should make sure to back up your data first and then carry on with the update. You can back up your data using Diskinternals Partition Recovery . Diskinternals will ensure that there is no loss of data so that you can update the OS without any hassle and without losing any important data.
- How to Recover Deleted Files after Windows 10 Update (2023)
- How to Recover Ransomware Encrypted or Deleted Files After Attack
- How to Recover Files After Factory Reset on Windows (2023)
- How to Recover Data from a RAW Hard Drive - Raw Partition Drive Recovery
- How to Fix Windows Critical Structure Corruption and Recover Data
- How to Recover Data from Dead Laptop SSD in 2023
- How to Recover Data from USB Partitions 2023
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Folder on Windows 10/11 (2023)
- How to Recover Data From SSD Hard Drive in 2023
- How to Recover Lost.Dir Files on Your Android Device | 2 Ways
- How to Restore Deleted Partitions on Windows 10 / 11 (2023)
- How To Know If SSD Is Dead?
- Free damaged partition recovery software
- 14 Best Free Partition Recovery Software in 2023 for Windows
- Recover formatted partition free | How to Recover Files after Partition Formatting 
- Windows Update Error 0x80070424
- Windows Update cannot currently check for updates issue
- How to fix black screen with cursor in Windows 10/11 in 2023?
- Cyclic Redundancy Check Data Error - Solve It In 2023!
- What should you do if the cursor disappears? 2023 solution
- Best Free Partition Recovery Software for Windows 7 in 2023
- What should you do if the Epic Games launcher is not working in 2023?
- Fix broken registry items in 2023
- What To Do If You Cannot Extend Volume in 2023
- [SOLVED 2023] Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory Issue
- Code 45 in 2022
- External hard drive: Access is denied
- If “Error Code 0x80004005. Unspecified error” appears in 2023
- Best Wii Emulators For Windows in 2023
- Bad pool header and how you can deal with it in 2023
- Solved 2023! Fix a dead external hard drive and restore files
- How to Fix a Corrupted External Hard Drive at Home in 2023
- If A disk read error has occurred in 2023
- Here is How to Uninstall Segurazo in 2023
- Fix 0x80080008 Windows Update Error in 2023
- Bootmgr is Missing
- If you Need to Format SD card to FAT32 in Windows 10 in 2023
- How do I interact with the crdownload file in 2022
- Fix 100% Disk Usage in Windows 10 in 2023
- Fix 2023: Windows Update Error code 0x80070490
- Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8024a105 in 2023
- Windows update is stuck
- Signs Your Hard Drive Is Failing in 2023
- CHKDSK commands in 2023
- Windows 10 freezing 2023 fix
- What should you do in case of srttrail.txt error in 2023?
- Bootmgr Image is Corrupted - What to do next? 2023 fix
- Fix 0x80070002 Windows Update Error in 2023
- Error 0x80070570
- Error 15 on Windows and how to fix it in 2023
- PS4 corrupted data - 2023 fix
- External hard drive having ‘the parameter is incorrect’
- Fix Ce-34878-0 error on PS4 in 2023
- External hard drive not showing up? Fix it in 2023!
- PC randomly freezes? The 2023 solutions for Windows!
- How to Recover a Hard Drive That Won't Boot
- If a cloned SSD won't boot
- [SOLVED] How to Recover Files from a Hard Drive that Won't Boot
- Here is How to Initialize SSD Properly
- Recover Overwritten Files: All You Need to Know
- Your device is missing important security and quality fixes
- Unlock: The drive where Windows is installed is locked
- Fix the Issue: We Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition
- Free Partition Recovery Tool
- Sedlauncher.exe: What is it and How to Fix High CPU Issue?
- FIX: Error 0x8024001 in Windows 10/11 Update⠀
- Winload.efi error on Windows 10/11
- [Windows 10, 11] Critical process died? Fix it!
- 0x80070570 error occurs: your actions
- Critical error your Start Menu isn't working
- SSD is not showing up in BIOS? Fix it now
- Failed to enumerate objects in the container
- [Solved!] USB drive not recognized. Only workable solutions
- How to Use Win32 Priority Separation
- How to delete an EFI System Partition
- What is WaasMedic.exe?
- [Windows 10, 11] There was a problem resetting your PC error
- How to fix Windows Update Error 0x800703e3⠀
- Hard Drive Won't Boot in Windows 10/8/7? How to Fix It
- Deleted Partition Data Recovery Software Free Download
- 0x80070005 in Windows 10
- 0xc0000225 Windows 10 Error Code - How to Fix it
- Need to Install Windows 10 on the External HDD?
- Download KB4474419, KB4490628, and KB4484071
- Deleted Partition Data Recovery Software: Free Download
- Bootable Partition Recovery Software
- Error 0x80240034 in Windows Update - How to Fix It (Solved)
- External hard drive repair software
- How To Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900107?⠀
- How to Fix Windows Update Error 0xc19001e1⠀
- What should you do in case of the ‘Device not migrated’ issue?
- How to Recover Data from a Formatted Hard Drive in 7 Steps (2022)
- Recovery Unformatted Partition | Unformatted External Hard drive
- Recover Lost or Deleted Partition
- How to fix Update Error Code 0x8007001F in Windows 10⠀
- Whea_uncorrectable_error windows 10 - Fix it⠀
- RAW SD Card Recovery in 3 Steps 
- Please insert a disk into USB drive
- The File System Type Is RAW
- Windows 10 stuck at getting ready
- Fix This Device is Currently in Use issue
- Reset to device,\device\raidport0
- Disk Boot Failure error
- Code Kmode Exception Not Handled
- Can't Restore Mac from Time Machine
- Localbridge.exe error in Windows 10
- You Don't Currently Have Permission to Access this Folder
- Control-Alt-Delete combination is not working
- Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One
- Xbox Console Companion is not working
- IAStorDataSvc in Windows 10
- Windows 10 does not have a digital output device
- Computer won't wake up from sleep Windows 10
- Win32: Bogent Threat
- Fix Windows 10, 11 video scheduler internal error
- DISM Restore Health Tool
- Use Dreamcast Emulators with no threat
- HAL initialization failed
- Vulkan Runtime Libraries
- Windows Modules Installer Worker high CPU issues
- Moving hard drive to new computer
- Windows 10 quick access is not working
- 0x80070003 issue
- 0x80240fff in Windows 10⠀
- Can't Remove Bluetooth Devices in Windows
- Seagate external hard disk light blinking but not detecting
- Windows doesn't have a network profile for device
- Windows cannot open D:\Sources\Install.wim
- Advapi32.dll not found
- USB device connected to computer is malfunctioned
- Process1_initialization_failed issue
- Second Monitor is Not Detected in Windows
- Find and Change iTunes Backup Location
- Windows 10, 11 Start Menu Critical Error
- Windows 10 is not detecting a second monitor
- 0xc0000185 error
- Maxtor Hard Drive Recovery
- Thumbnails are not showing in Windows 10
- Resource Protection could not perform operation
- Windows 10, 11 Start button is not working
- Discord screen share and audio are not working
- This File Does Not Have A Program Associated With It
- Perform a Clean Boot on Windows 10, 11
- Partition Recovery replaced Fat Recovery
- Bluetooth audio stuttering in Windows 10
- Windows delayed write failure
- File Association Helper in Windows 10, 11
- Change Drive Letter in Windows 10, 11
- Server Message Block Protocol
- Create or remove Administrator Account in Windows
- Change directory in cmd Windows 10, 11
- The Active Directory Domain Services are Currently Unavailable
- You Need Permission to Perform This Action
- Windows can't find one of the files in this theme
- Idp.generic virus
- Code Execution Cannot Proceed Because of Msvcp140.dll
- The code execution cannot proceed
- Xbox 360 emulators for PC
- New hard drive not showing up in Windows 10
- Fatal device hardware (0x800701E3) error
- Runtime error r6025
- Windows service registration is missing or corrupt
- PS4 SU-30746-0, SU-42118-6 Error Codes
- Folder keeps reverting to read only
- How to use a hard drive reader
- What are Win dump files
- Clean up WinSXS folder on Windows 7, 8
- Create a Windows 10 recovery disk from another computer
- Windows could not start because the following file is missing
- How to update BIOS
- LaCie External Hard Drive Recovery
- Client Server Runtime processes high CPU usage issues
- Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)
- Windows Media Player server execution failed in Windows 10, 11
- How to get rid of dev error 6068
- Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume
- KB5001330 Windows 10 update
- What should you do if Windows 10, 11 backup is not working
- We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes
- BOOTMGR is compressed
- How to get help in Windows 10
- Side by side configuration is incorrect
- You must enable system protection on this drive
- Page fault in nonpaged area Windows 10
- Don't have permission to save changes to this file
- What should you do if you forgot your Windows 10, 11 password
- The disk does not have enough space to replace bad clusters
- Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8, 10
- How to Fix Windows 10 Unidentified Network Issue
- Accidentally Formatted/Deleted Recovery Partition
- How to disable UAC in Windows 10, 11?
- Windows resource protection couldn't perform requested operation
- Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50
- Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1909 failed
- Don't have permission to save in this location in Windows 10
- Secure your data while dealing with 2000-0151 error
- The program can't start because msvcr71.dll is missing
- Searchui.exe still running even after you disable it
- You need to format the disk in drive X: before you can use it
- Step-by-step guide on how to work with Windows ink
- You do not have permission to save files to this location
- Please login with administrator privileges and try again
- Antimalware Service Executable isn’t working correctly
- The action cannot be completed because the file is open in system
- Service Host Sysmain
- The code execution cannot proceed because xinput1_3.dll was not found
- Windows 10 defrag
- Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings
- System thread exception not handled (bcmwl63a.sys)
- Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware
- Should you delete hiberfil.sys file?
- D3dx9_43.dll error
- This file doesn't have associated program
- The operating system is not presently configured to run this application
- We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off error
- Windows resource protection could not start the repair service
- Java is not recognized
- How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057?⠀
- [Error] WD Passport Not Recognized
- How to fix Windows Store error code: 0x803fb005?⠀
- What should you do in case of ‘err_empty_response’?
- Convert RAW to NTFS in 2 Steps!
- How to Fix Error Code 0x80070422 in Windows 10⠀
- Partition loss problems on Windows 10?
- Fix Windows Update error 0x80080005⠀
- [Windows 10] Format flash drive to FAT32
- Fix error 0xc004f074 in Windows 10⠀
- How to Fix Error Code 0xc0000428 BSOD on Windows?⠀
- Fix Windows 10 Error code 0xc0000034⠀
- 0x00000109 Error Blue Screen - 5 Steps to Fix it ⠀
- Methods to Fix Stop 0x000000f4 Blue Screen Error ⠀
- Fix error 0x80131500 now!
- Fix blue screen stop 0x0000003b ⠀
- How to Fix Windows Store Error 0x80073cf9?⠀
- Fix: Windows Update error code 0x800706ba in Windows 10⠀
- FIX: Windows Defender error code 0x800704ec⠀
- FIX: Windows Cannot Install Required Files 0x8007025D⠀
- Windows 10 update 0x800705b4 - Fix error code⠀
- How to Fix: Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem⠀
- Detailed guide on how to format a write-protected USB drive
- Hard Drive Repair and Bringing Files Back
- Windows was unable to complete the formatting? Cope with the problem!
- Get rid off error loading operating system
- How to repair SATA Hard Drive?⠀
- How to Repair Virtual Disk VHD file⠀
- How to Fix Bad System Config Info Error
- How to Cope with Dell Error Code 2000 0141
- Quick Fix SSD Not Showing up in Windows 10⠀
- What should you do if you can't reset your Windows 10, 11 OS?
- What should you do if Chrome keeps crashing Windows 10, 11?
- How to boot Last Known Good Configuration on Windows 10, 11
- How to restore Windows 10, 11 system: only workable solutions
- If Windows 10, 11 doesn't recognize hard drive
- How to uninstall Windows 10, 11 update without data issues?
- The Invalid partition table error on Windows 10, 11
- Best ways to disable startup programs in Windows 10
- If you want to stop Windows 10 update in progress
- Here is how to create and use a restore point in Windows 10, 11
- Make a Windows 10, 11 bootable disk
- Learn how to deal with bad pool caller error in Windows 10, 11
- How to Fix Windows 10, 11 Explorer.exe Errors
- How to Use a Duplicate File Finder in Windows 10
- Fix Windows 10, 11 dwm.exe Error Now
- Fix Issue when CPU at 100% all the time on Windows 10
- Fix dpc_watchdog_violation Windows 10, 11 Error Now!
- How to fix the Windows 10, 11 that won't shut down
- How to use dual boot on Windows 7 and 10 safely?
- What to Do if Alt-Tab is Not Working in Windows 10, 11
- Here is everything you need to know about twinui in Windows 10
- What to do if Windows 10, 11 Remote Desktop is not working?
- If Windows 10, 11 wont boot after update
- How to provide a memory test in Windows 10
- What to Do in Case of 0x803f7001 Windows 10, 11 Error
- Here is how to change administrator on Windows 10, 11 safely
- If you cannot login to Windows 10, 11
- What should you do if sound is not working in Windows 10, 11?
- Stop Windows 10, 11 from Restarting: The Best Methods!
- Here is How to Update NVIDIA Drivers in Windows 10, 11
- Make your computer faster! Windows 10, 11 refresh
- Windows 10, 11 Action Center is missing: your actions?
- What to do if Bluetooth is Not Working in Windows 10, 11
- About Windows 10, 11 recovery mode
- How to boot into Windows 10, 11 safe mode properly?
- What if Chrome didn't shut down correctly in Windows 10, 11?
- When This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10, 11 issue appears
- If Windows 10, 11 stuck before login screen
- How to work with Windows 10, 11 on ARM
- Here is how to clean Registry in Windows 10, 11
- Windows 10, 11 won't update
- How to use Windows 10, 11 compatibility tester properly
- Here is How to Deal With Windows 10, 11 Yellow Screen Issue
- Step-by-step guide on how to auto login Windows 10, 11
- How to Backup in Windows 10, 11?
- If the folder has disappeared in Windows 10, 11
- If Windows 10, 11 Installation is Stuck
- What should you do if Windows 10, 11 settings won't open?
- Here is how to reset Windows 10, 11 with no harm to your data
- When you need to format the Windows 10, 11
- How to fix ASUS motherboard not detecting SATA hard drive issue
- Repairing of Corrupted Hard Drive
- USB device not recognized? The solutions are here!
- Black Screen of Death and How to Fight It
- Fix 0xc00000e9 error in Windows! The best solutions
- Windows cannot access the specified device? Fix it!
- The best, most reliable software to recover files from a corrupted hard drive
- If the directory name is invalid
- Merge partitions in Windows 10
- How to unpartition a USB drive
- Why the Hard Drive Clicking Happens and How to Fix It
- Change a boot drive in Windows 10
- What causes lead to a hard drive fails?
- Need to flush DNS cache? Learn how to do it safely
- 0xa00f4244 error occurs: your actions?
- Guide on How to Repair Windows 10, 11 Without Harming Your Data
- PS4 database is corrupted? Fix it now!
- What to do if PS4 safe mode is not working?
- Here is how to use external hard drive on PS4
- Here is how to fix Wldcore.dll issues
- Here is everything you need to know about DRAMless SSD
- Best command prompt tricks to use in data recovery
- What to do if the touchpad scroll is not working?
- Here is how to factory reset Surface Pro
- Here is how to use PS4 extended storage
- What to do if Desktop icons keep moving after OS restart?
- What to do if Chromebook won't turn on?
- How to interact with Removable Storage Devices Folder?
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About CLI
- Here is How to Interact with HxTsr.exe
- What to Do if a Folder with a Question Mark Appears on Mac?
- What to Do if YouTube Audio is Not Working?
- What to Do if Chrome OS is Missing or Damaged?
- Show hidden files in Windows 10
- An algorithm, if file record segment is unreadable
- Error: irql_not_less_or_equal on Windows 10? Not a problem!
- HDD Data Recovery from Unallocated Space
- [Error] The volume does not contain a recognized FS
- If the Computer Freezes When Playing Games
- How to disable MS compatibility telemetry on Windows10
- Partition Recovery Guide in pictures
- Drive is Not Accessible? You Can Fix It!
- 0xc1900223 error occurs: your actions?
- How to Unpartition an External or Internal Hard Drive
- Everything you need to get rid of 0x80072ee2 error consequences
- 2000-0146 error occurs: your actions?
- How to use the DIR command correctly?
- How to run Windows memory diagnostic?
- GPT partition style
- What should you do in case Steam won't open?
- How to reset BIOS
- Here is how to disable Cortana without any harm to your data
- Right-click not working
- SFC Commands Review
- What should you do in case of Steam Disk Write Error?
- Fix Windows 10 green screen error now!
- “Is it possible to fix the reallocated sector count issue
- Here is everything you should know about Runtime Broker
- How to deal with rgss202j.dll error?
- Here is everything you need to know about AppVShNotify.exe
- How to fix error code 0x80070035?
- How to uninstall Microsoft Edge and keep your data safe
- Here is how to disable Software Reporter Tool
- What is unsecapp.exe, and how should you interact with it?
- How to disable igfxtray with no harm to your data?
- Here is how to move OS to SSD using system options
- This App Can't Run on Your PC? Fix it now!
- Fix dxgmms2.sys error now!
- Unexpected Store Exception issue occurs: your actions
- Speakers Failed to Play Test Tone in Windows 10? Fix it Now!
- What should you do if Windows Update Service is missing?
- Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool Stuck? Fix it Now!
- File Explorer not opening: how to fix it?
- The remote device won't accept the connection? Fix it now!
- Your location is currently in use: how to fix this issue?
- What to Do if Steam is Not Updating Games
- This PC Can't Run Windows 11. Fix it Now!
- What to Do if the Xbox App is not Working
- What to Do if APC Index Mismatch Stop Code Appears
- Windows Defender Blocked by Group Policy: Fix it Now!
- Here is How to Deal with System Error 5
- How to interact with SysWOW64
- Fix PS4 e-82106o4a error code
- Here Is How To Fix Net::Err_Cert_Date_Invalid Issue
- Here is how to restart Windows Explorer
- What to do if wireless capability is turned off
- Audio Services not responding: fix it now!
- Fix PS4 np-36006-5 issue now!
- Here is how to fix pr_connect_reset_error
- How to reset PS4 properly
- SSD types: how to choose yours?
- Fix Searchprotocolhost.exe issues now
- Let’s compare: SATA vs NVMe
- Pfn_list_corrupt in Windows 10? Fix it now!
- Сorrupted Hard Drive - What To Do Now?
- [Solved!] External hard drive not detected
- Can't format an SD card? Solve your problem now!
- Unable to reset the PC: a partition is missing
- If You Cannot Access USB Drive on Windows 10
- Here is how to fix file system error -805305975
- Partition a hard drive on Windows 10
- If you get DISM Error 87
- Here is what to do if Driver Verifier has detected a violation
- How to Deal with Error Code 0x80004002 in Windows 10?
- What to do if CANNOT START THE PS4 issue happens
- Solutions for Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page Error
- How to recover uninstalled programs
- GPT: What Is It Meaning?
- When network drive is not showing
- How to unlock the SD card and access the data
- Fix user profile service sign-in failure on Windows10 now!
- What to do in case of External Hard Drive I/O Error?
- What if Windows Security asks to enter network credentials?
- Here is How to Deal With System Requires SMB2 or Higher Issue
- Here is What to Do if Windows Rollback is Not Working
- 'Driver overran stack buffer' error occurs. Your actions?
- Here is how to deal with 'Avchrome.dll is missing' issue
- ‘Dns_probe_finished_bad_config’ issue occurs: your actions?
- How to Install Windows 10 From a USB
- Why does wdf01000.sys BSOD error occur on my computer?
- MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error occurs: your actions
- How to Fix There are Currently No Power Options Available Error
- Error Code: 224003. Fix it Now!
- What to Do if You Can't Type in Windows Search
- Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error Occurs: Your Options
- What to Do if the Wi-Fi Network is Not Showing Up
- Fix Windows update error 80073701 now!
- Instup.exe leads to high CPU usage? Fix it now!
- What should you do in case of 'err_cache_miss'?
- What is CompatTelRunner.exe and How to Interact With It
- Everything you need to know about CRC SHA
- Dxgkrnl.sys error occurs: your actions?
- What is WMI Provider Host, and how should you interact with it?
- Pagefile.sys: what is Windows paging file?
- Everything you should know about error code 0xc1900101
- How to use registry editor?
- Mmc.exe: what is it and how to fix high CPU issue?
- How to edit boot.ini: step-by-step guide
- What should you do if Windows 10 update deleted files
- Photoshop Scratch Disk is Full? Fix it Now!
- Here is what to do if Origin game won't launch
- Bootrec.exe commands
- What Should You Do if the Laptop Microphone is Not Working?
- How to find out why Windows 10 crashed: crash log
- Steam Application Load Error 5:0000065434? Learn How to Fix It
- Your Folder Can't Be Shared: Fix it Now!
- What is NES emulator and how to use it right?
- Windows 10 file sharing not working
- Windows Defender won't turn on
- [Solved!] Offline startup repair cannot repair your PC
- How to deal with the NET HELPMSG 2182 error
- Computer turns on by itself
- Msvcp100.dll problem: fix it now!
- 0xc0000017 error occurs: your actions
- What should you do if an isdone.dll error occurred?
- How to fix Kernel32.dll error
- How to get rid of error 0x80042302
- Thread stuck in device driver issue occurs: your actions?
- Fix 'Driver power state failure in Windows 10' now!
- Guide on how to activate partition
- Can't delete a file
- What should you do if Windows cannot find gpedit.msc?
- Controller is Not Working on PC? Fix It Now!
- DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error? Fix it now!
- What should you do if headphones are not working in Windows 10?
- What should you do if laptop speakers are not working?
- Here is How to Deal with Steam 'Black Screen' Issues
- What Should You Do if a Steam Service Error Occurs?
- Here is How to Deal with Typical File System Errors
- What Should You Do if the Laptop Camera is Not Working?
- What should you do if Steam is missing file privileges?
- PS4 Error Code ce-34788-0: Fix it Now!
- Fix Windows 10 error code 0x8000ffff now
- Fix Windows 10 error code 0x800704cf now
- Here is how to reformat Windows 10 safely
- How to move Steam games to another drive safely
- What does Steam games backing up do?
- Here is how to fix CMOS Checksum error in Windows 10
- What to do in case of Desktop Window Manager high memory usage?
- Here is how to stop OneDrive from syncing
- What to do in case of Xbox sign in 0x87dd0006 error?
- Here is how to rollback Windows 11 to Windows 10
- Here is How to Deal with the logilda.dll Error in Windows 10
- What to Do if USB Ports Are Not Working in Windows 10?
- What to Do in Case of an Orange Screen Issue in Windows 10?
- Hard Disk 3f0 Boot Device Not Found on HP: Fix it Now!
- Here is How to Fix Wrong Time in Windows 10
- Hard Drive Password Recovery: Everything You Need to Know
- Windows Server 2019 editions
- SD card not showing up? Solutions are here!
- Learn about Legacy Boot Mode
- Windows Server 2016 Standard vs Datacenter
- Windows Server 2016 Essentials vs Standard
- Guide on how to get rid of bloatware in Windows 10
- How to enable hosted network support in Windows 10?
- The computer has rebooted from a bug-check: what does it mean?
- Taskbar icons are missing in Windows 10: Fix it now!
- How to uninstall McAfee? What to do if it won't?
- File explorer is running slow? Fix it now!
- Blue screen 0x00000024 error on Windows? Solve it!
- Make sure your data is safe while using IOS emulators for PC
- Windows stop code 0xc000021a and How to Fix It
- What to Do if You Get a wudfrd Failed to Load Error 219?
- What To Do If You Get a Microsoft Account Problem Notification
- Here is How to Fix Error 1603
- What if you can't copy and paste?
- How to Fix WerFault.exe Application Error in Windows 10
- How to Fix Confirm Form Resubmission on Refresh?
- Razer Synapse is Not Opening? Fix it now!
- Fix file system error 65535 on Windows fast&safe!
- What to do if Discord won't stop updating?
- OneDrive is not syncing? Fix it now!
- Fix the Red Screen error now!
- Operating System Not Found or Missing? Fix it!
- If your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart
- Here is How to Deal With CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Issue
- Scanning and Repairing Drive is Stuck | Windows10
- Solved: computer is sending captcha automated queries
- [SOLVED] Install an Operating System on Your Hard Disk Issue
- Here is how to interact with dllhost.exe
- What if You are Unable to Access Jar File?
- Here is How to Refresh Your Browser
- Mouse Double clicks? Fix it Now!
- Wireless Mouse is Not Working? Fix it Now!
- Top-3 PS4 emulators for PC
- What should you do in case of audio renderer error?
- Everything You Need to Know About KB4494441 Windows Update
- Xlive.dll is missing: fix it now!
- What should you do in case of the atikmdag.sys error?
- Video TDR failure
- 0x00000B error occurs: your actions
- Fix the Issue: Can't Read from the Source File or Disk
- The default gateway is not available: what can you do?
- Here is everything you need to know about Windows Terminal
- How to delete files from OneDrive, but not computer?
- What should you do in case of 0x80070780 error?
- Bootrec /fixboot access is denied error occurs: your actions
- Here are all windows.com/stopcodes and here is how to fix them
- Distributedcom 10016 error occurs: your actions
- What to do when a CLASSPNP.SYS error occurs
- What should you do in case if d3dcompiler_43.dll is not found?
- What should you do if white screen of death appears?
- Let's deal with 'Exception Access Violation' error
- Nvlddmkm.sys error: what should you do?
- Kernel mode heap corruption occurs: what you can do
- Here’s everything you need to know about $ windows. bt folder
- What to do with the kernel power 41 error
- If you get a non system disk or disk error message
- Differential and incremental backups
- If your user profile is corrupted
- If you want to remove junk files on Windows
- If you get “we can't create a recovery drive” issue
- If you get the “Diskpart has encountered an error” issue
- What does event id 1000 mean?
- Having hard drive error code 2000-0142? Fix it!
- How to create and use guest account in Windows 10: guide
- If you want to delete Delivery Optimization Files
- If explorer.exe class not registered error appears
- If you need to delete backup files in Windows
- If you get the Stop Code Memory Management BSOD Error
- If you want to fix the Windows Search not working problem
- If you want to remove OneDrive
- If you get error 0x80071ac3 code
- What to do with the Code 19 error
- If you get “store data structure corruption” problem
- The folder is empty but files are still there| Windows10
- What should you do in case of 0xc000012f error?
- [Solved!] My computer stopped working. How to fix it?
- What should you do if 0xc0000409 error occurs?
- If you get the error “Could not find the recovery environment”
- What should you do if netwtw06.sys error occurred
- [Solved!] Error code: 0xc004c003
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. What is that?
- If you get the error code 0x80080005
- Error Code 0xc0000005 in Windows 10? Fix it!
- If the program isn't closing: how to force quit?
- Windows won't boot: what should you do in such a case?
- If the “NETIO.SYS” error appears
- If you get “No Audio Output Device is Installed” error
- If “Windows key not working” issue appears
- Clear RAM on Windows 10
- How to use Windows partition manager correctly
- Reset Windows 7 to factory settings
- If you get 0xc0000022 application error
- How to Delete Temporary Files on Windows 8
- The potential Windows Update database error detected message
- What to do if the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error appears
- If you get NW-31297-2 error
- How secure is OneDrive
- Advanced Boot Options
- How you can initialize disk without losing data
- [Solved!] Folder access denied? 4 best methods!
- Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing. What to do next?
- What should you do if taskbar won't hide?
- Diskpart Commands Overview
- How to Use Bootsect
- Mouse scroll wheel jumps
- Issue: disk offline signature collision
- What should you do when Boot Manager failed to find OS loader
- What to do if ntoskml.exe is missing? Solutions here
- How to deal with error code 0x80070020: workable solutions only
- About Windows Update loop
- How to use OneDrive
- Computer randomly restarts
- Windows 7/8/10 Safe Mode when F8 is not working
- Windows 10 preparing automatic repair
- Monitor keeps going black
- 6 best ways to fix error code: 80070103
- Fix a corrupted user profile on Windows 10
- No speakers or headphones are plugged in error message
- If you get Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container error
- If you get NVIDIA control panel missing error
- If you get Path not found C:\boot
- VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error on Windows 10
- If you get HAL is missing, or corrupt error
- If winload.exe missing on Windows
- If a 0x0000007a error appears
- How to fix unmountable boot volume
- What are System Recovery Options in Windows
- How to Fix Error Code 0xc0000001
- How to fix if it looks like Windows didn't load correctly error
- What to do if USER32.dll not found
- What to do if Rstrui.exe not working?
- How to Disable Secure Boot
- Insert your Windows installation or recovery media error
- Windows error 0xc00000e: how to fix it
- Remove the dual-boot menu
- The NTLDR is missing error
- If 0xc0000098 error appears
- Setup Was Unable to Create a New System Partition Issue
- Error Code 0xc000014c
- If you get 0xe0000100 error code
- If you get UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP error
- A 0x0000009f error in Windows 10
- If a black screen appears after login in Windows 7
- Restoring your previous version of Windows error
- If you get an inaccessible boot device error
- How to shutdown Windows without updating
- If Windows update freezes your computer
- The requested resource is in use error in Windows 10
- If System Restore is not working
- ReFS: can you use it for RAID
- When PC getting stuck in resetting
- The 0x800f0922 error in Windows 10
- What is a repairing disk errors message
- System Restore failed with an error message
- Windows could not perform the requested operation? Fix it!
- If Task Manager won't open on Windows
- FTDISK_INTERNAL_ERROR? Fix it!
- My computer will not turn on but has power
- If you tired from automatic updates on Windows 10
- Monitor won’t turn on? The best solutions are here!
- [Task Scheduler] System and Compressed Memory
- If computer doesn't recognize SD card
- If your computer doesn't recognize USB devices
- What is a "blank SD card" error?
- How to take write protection off the SD card
- Windows 10: Computer won't read your SD card? Solve it now!
- A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed error
- If your computer won't boot from USB
- How to Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device
- UEFI boot error on Windows
- Not enough unallocated space on target disk
- Host Process for Windows Services
- Xbox One stuck on a green screen
- Converting a dynamic disk to a basic disk
- Xbox One: recover saved games and other files!
- Seagate external HDD not showing up in Windows 10? Solved!
- Recover a Flash Drive that has turned RAW Effortless!
- Guide: How to Fix a Corrupted Hard Drive Fast
- How to recover data from a damaged external hard disk
- How to Fix a Crashed Hard Drive on Your Own
- How to Repair Partition Table or MBR on Windows 7/8/10 ?
- How to check hard drive health?
- Why Does CHKDSK Stuck and How to Fix It
- How to deal with smart hard disk error 301 on HP laptops?
- Boot from a CD
- SVCHOST.EXE process: how to make it work properly
- Perform Western Digital hard drive repair today!
- Windows 10 Recovery USB Drive for Another PC
- If a USB port is not working
- USB Flash Drive Unreadable? Solutions exist!
- How to safely use CHKDSK for disk repair in Windows 10
- Is it worth it to compress this drive to save disk space?
- Step-by-step guide on how to wipe a hard drive
- How to update your PS4 SSD? The Best Practices
- If the Hard Drive Disappeared on Windows 10
- Seagate hard drive beeping: your actions
- USB Drive Unallocated? Fix it!
- Internal/external hard drive shows 0 bytes
- Disk is Write-Protected? Don't Give Up Yet!
- Creating new simple volume: only workable tips
- If you get This Device Cannot Start (Code 10) Error
- If the Unknown Hard Error message appears
- Initialize a disk before the disk manager can access it
- If you get hard disk short DST failure
- If the USB thinks it's a CD drive
- How to clear CMOS and why should you do this?
- If you get the “CHKDSK not working” issue
- If you get the “hard drive not detected in BIOS” issue
- If the MBR is corrupted
- If cloned drive won't boot
- Ntuser.dat - how should you interact with this file?
- Trustedinstaller.exe - how should you interact with this file?
- Primary vs. Logical partition comparison
- This is how to combine partitions Windows 10
- Bad sectors? Repair them without leaving home!
- SSD failure: its signs and brief solutions
- Recover data from a dead hard drive? You can do it!
- [Solved] Wiped vs accidentally erased hard drive
- How to Repair a Damaged Partition with Partition Recovery™
- 2-step Guide on How to Partition SSD Without Harming Your Data
- How to play PS4 remotely on your PC?
- Fix slow Steam download speed now!
- Fix Tiworker.exe high CPU now!
- Steam game is not launching? Fix it now!
- What to do if a content file is locked in Steam?
- [Windows] Recover an unallocated partition today
- [Solved] How to get files off a broken laptop safe
- MBR Recovery
- Revive Your Laptop Hard Drive With Recovery Tips
- How to fix hard drives at home
- Service Host Superfetch lead to High CPU Usage?
- If Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed
- What is MOM.exe and How Do I Interact with it?
- Here is how to deal with igfxem module high disk usage
- What to do if Xbox Game Bar is not working?
- Here is How to Deal with Xbox One X Black Screen Error
- Xbox 0x97e107df Error Occurring? Fix it now!
- OEM Partition and how to delete it safely
- Hard Disk Recovery | DiskInternals Partition Recovery
- Hard disk detected as RAW? Perform RAW Drive Recovery!
- An error occurred while updating Steam? Fix it now!
- What to Do if Double NAT is Detected on Xbox One?
- What to use: MBR or GPT
- Convert MBR to GPT without data loss
- Recover Files from Corrupted External Hard Drive Today!
- Make Unallocated Space Into Free Space
- Recover a Formatted USB Drive - Full Algorithm of Your Deeds
- The request not performed due to the device error
- Recovering Data from Crashed Hard Drive: Safe
- Steam is Not Opening Because of Clientregistry.blob
FREE DOWNLOAD Ver 8.9, Win BUY NOW From $139.95
To install Driver Easy
If it does not download automatically, please click here .
Home › Knowledge Base › Common Errors
How to Fix Error 651 in Windows. Easily!
If you see Error 651 in your computer, don’t worry! This is a common Windows error and you can fix the connection failed error 651 quickly and easily.
The specific error message displays as: Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error . And the message is generally titled with Connection Failed with Error 651 .
How to fix the error 651 in my computer
- Restart your computer and modem
- Update your network card driver
- Troubleshoot settings in Network and Sharing Center
- Reset TCP/IP on your Windows
- Disable the auto tuning feature
Why does the error 651 occur?
Note : If you have already known something about the error 651, you can skip to Method 1
Error 651 is a common error for Windows users. It occurs when we try to connect using PPPoE connection . PPPoE stands for Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet , and it remotely connects multiple PC users on an Ethernet local area network.
Error 651 occurs because of various reasons, such as the incorrect Internet and IP configuration or the network card driver issue . Although you may not be able to locate the exact cause of this problem, you can try the following methods to troubleshoot the problem and solve it step by step.
Method 1: Restart your computer and modem
The network error 651 may be caused by your PC or modem issue , and there may be something wrong when connecting. So you can restart your modem and PC/laptop to regain the connection.
1) Turn off your computer (please make sure you have saved all your current work before shutting down your Windows).
2) Turn off your modem and unplug it from the power source.
3) Unplug all the cables that are connected to the modem and computer.
4) Wait for at least 30 seconds. Then reconnect the cables correctly into your modem and computer.
5) Re- plug your modem with the power source, and turn it on.
6) Turn on your PC. After everything are working normally, try to connect again.
Method 2: Update your network card driver
The missing or outdated network driver can cause the error 651 in your computer, so you should update the network card driver in your Windows to fix connection failed with error 651 .
If you are not familiar with playing around with driver issues, you can do that with Driver Easy .
Driver Easy will detect the drivers condition in your computer, and install the correct drivers for your PC. More importantly, with Driver Easy, you don’t need to struggle figuring out the Operating System, and you don’t need to worry about making mistakes while processing. That will tremendously save your time and patience.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or Pro version of Driver Easy. It only takes 2 simple clicks with the Pro version (and you will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
1) Download and install Driver Easy (you can download the .exe file in a USB drive from a computer with the Internet connection, then install Driver Easy in this computer).
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now . Then Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the network device to download the correct driver (you can do that with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the problem drivers (you can do that with Pro version , and you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All ).
4) After updating the driver, restart your computer, then try to connect again.
Method 3: Troubleshoot settings in Network and Sharing Center
When there is a problem with your network, the most common method is to check your network settings in your computer.
1. Disable IPv6 for your Internet connection
This method works for many users who have faced with this problem. You can simply disable the IPv6 connection for your dialer modem:
1) Right click the Internet icon at the bottom right corner on your computer, and click Open Network and Sharing Center .
2) Click Change adapter settings .
3) Right click your network connection, then click Properties .
4) Uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) . Then c lick OK to save the settings.
5) Reconnect to the network to see if your problem is solved.
If the problem still persists, you can try the next solution below:
2. Create a new dial up connection
Creating a new dial up connection on a computer is a helpful way to check if the modem is properly set to the bridged mode.
If you have created a network connection
If it’s the first time to connect to this network
If there has already been a dial up connection for your network, you can try to create a copy to solve your problem:
1) Right click the Internet icon at the bottom right corner, and click Open Network and Sharing Center .
3) Right click the dial up connection, and click select Create Copy .
4) Right click the original dial up connection , and select Delete .
5) Try connecting to the network again to see if it works.
If it’s the first time to connect to this network, you may need to create a dial up connection for it. Follow these steps:
2) Click Set up a new connection or network .
3) Select Connect to the Internet in the popup wizard, then click Next .
4) Select Set up a new connection anyway .
5) Select Broadband (PPPoE) .
6) Enter the username and password provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and click Connect .
Method 4: Reset TCP/IP on your Windows
TCP/IP is the short term for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol , and used as a communication protocol in the private network. They are responsible for different parts when processing the Internet connection. TCP defines how the programs can create the communication channels through a network, while IP is responsible for the address of each packet and make sure it is sent to the correct destination.
To solve error 651, you can also try to reset TCP/IP to reconnect to the Windows network stack.
1) Type cmd in the search box of the task bar. Right click Command Prompt (If you are using Windows 7, right click cmd ) to select Run as administrator . Then click Yes to confirm.
2) Copy the command below and paste it in your Command Prompt, then press Enter on your keyboard:
3) After the command completed, r estart your PC and try to connect again.
Method 5: Disable the auto tuning feature
The Windows auto-tuning feature enables your Windows to continually monitor routing conditions such as bandwidth and network delay . It is turned on by default in your computer. If you are using the router as a connecting device, this method probably works for you. Follow the steps below:
2) Copy the command below and paste it in your Command Prompt, then press Enter on your keyboard:
3) After the command completed, try your Internet connection again to see if it works.
These are the best methods to fix the Internet connection failed with error 651 . What’s your solution for this problem? Share with us! And if your problem still persists, feel free to comment below and we will see what more we can do.
- network issue
Available in other languages
[solved] windows 11 keeps crashing, how to fix keyboard slow response easily, how to fix steam disk write error easily, astro a40 mic not working [solved], how to fix wow lagging issues, solved: the instruction at 0x*referenced memory at 0x*. the memory could not be written.
Lillian is a technical writer and a tech enthusiast who loves to share technical tips and solutions to computer problems. As a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), she writes posts to solve various Windows system issues, and shares technical tips for gaming, video streaming, etc.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Troubleshooting Error 651 in Windows 10 – a how-to guide · Solution 1: Restart the network device and PC · Solution 2: Reinstall network adapter
Error 651 is a network driver or hardware error and has occurred a lot with upgraders. Here are a couple of ways to address it. 1. Navigate to
6 Ways to Fix the "Connection Failed Error 651" Message on Windows · 1. Try a Different Connection · 2. Run the Network Troubleshooter · 3. Reset
How to Fix a Connection Failed With Error 651 Error · Test the connection on another device. · Try a different connection. · Check for loose cables
What is error 651 in Windows 10? This is an error usually caused by a Registry issue and will prevent the tool from recognizing your router
Error 651 in Windows 10 · Creating New Dial-Up Connection · Run the Network Troubleshooter · Update your Network drivers · Reinstall Network Adapter · Reset TCP/IP
Windows 10 Connection Failed with Error 651 Solution.
ᴢᴀᴛɪᴇʟ ◣ᴀᴘᴏʏᴀ ᴀʟ ᴄᴀɴᴀʟ ᴇɴ ᴘᴀᴛʀᴇᴏɴ◥ ➡ https://www.patreon.com/join/zatiel ◣ᴀᴘᴏʏᴀ ᴀʟ ᴄᴀɴᴀʟ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴀɴᴅᴏ
If you are a Windows user, you are very likely to get the Internet connection error 651 when you are trying to connect the broadband in
Error 651 also called the Broadband Connection Error 651" is a connection error that keeps one from connecting to the Internet. This connection
How to fix the error 651 in my computer · Restart your computer and modem · Update your network card driver · Troubleshoot settings in Network and