Activate your 30 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Introduction to Microsoft 365
You are reading a preview.
Activate your 30 day free trial to continue reading.
Check these out next
Download to read offline
A overview presentation on Microsoft 365 with a particular focus on the Business offering. It covers what the product is and why it is important for resellers and customers. Video available at - https://youtu.be/UekuL1wUR6o
More Related Content
Slideshows for you (20).
Similar to Introduction to Microsoft 365 (20)
More from Robert Crane (20)
Recently uploaded (20)
- 1. Introduction to Microsoft 365 September 2017 @directorcia http://about.me/ciaops 1Q48VMiR152XNuDEkfV3khFdiYoBPGH4V4 Support this content via Bitcoin
- 2. Microsoft 365 Business Introducing a fully integrated solution for SMBs
- 3. Agenda What does today look like? What is Microsoft 365 Business? Succeed with Microsoft 365 Business
- 4. What does today look like for your customers? Local Logins /MSA New PCs bought adhoc PCs refreshed when dead Employees using personal mobile devices IT purchasing decisions made “on the spot” “GOOD ENOUGH” PLATFORMS LEGACY BACK OFFICE NO TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY FRAGMENTED END-POINT SOLUTIONS
- 5. What does today look like for you? TOUGHER COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT INREASINGLY COMPLEX CUSTOMER DEMANDS MULTIPLE TECH PRODUCTS Cross-platform device management requirements Custom solutions required for interoperability Increased security exposure Race to the bottom pricing impacts deal profitability Greater effort to maintain customer base Difficulty differentiating brand Increased implementation and management complexity Multiple technology vendors servicing single client Need to source best of breed solutions
- 6. Desktop Apps Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more Online Services Exchange, OneDrive, Skype, Microsoft Teams Business apps Microsoft Bookings, Outlook Customer Manager, MileIQ1 Everything in Windows 10 Pro2 Plus… Windows Defender Security Controls Windows Autopilot Automatic Office apps deployment App protection for Office mobile apps Device Management for Windows 10 PCs Selective wipe of company data Windows 10 Best of EMSOffice 365 Bringing together best in class solutions…  Available in US, UK, and Canada only  ncludes upgrade rights for Windows 7 or 8/8.1 Professional licensed PCs to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional One Admin Console
- 7. TOUGHER COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT INREASINGLY COMPLEX CUSTOMER DEMANDS MULTIPLE TECH PRODUCTS Cross-platform device management requirements Custom solutions required for interoperability Increased security exposure Race to the bottom pricing impacts deal profitability Greater effort to maintain customer base Difficulty differentiating brand Increased implementation and management complexity Multiple technology vendors servicing single client Need to source best of breed solutions What does Microsoft 365 Business mean for you? Expand Your Services • Upsell managed services more easily • Increase addressable markets • Recapture services revenue Drive Customer Retention • Become a trusted innovator • Demonstrate unique value • Address security concerns Increase Your Profitability • Add to the sales opportunity • Avoid sourcing solutions from multiple vendors • Implement quickly
- 8. What Microsoft 365 Business can do for you Source: A Forrester Total Economic ImpactTM Study, "The Partner Opportunity For “Business Cloud Suite".” June 2017 This is what we’ve been waiting for. Our customers can get everything they need from one vendor which greatly simplifies things for them. It fits our business model perfectly. – Cloud Sales Manager, Microsoft 365 Business Early Adopter Anticipated percentage point increase in deployment and advisory services revenue. Expected percentage point increase in managed services attach rate. Anticipated percentage point increase in managed services margins. 8% 10% 20%
- 9. In 2016, SMBs spent: /year Per employee. On their IT. (10–99 employees) $1,320 Source: U.S. Small and Medium Business Forecast, 2017-2021: PCs and Peripherals, Systems and Storage, Telecom Equipment, Software, IT Services, and Business Services; #US41134217, May 2017
- 10. What’s right for your customer? Office 365 Microsoft 365 Business Microsoft 365 Enterprise Fast path to modern productivity & collaboration Automatic security and feature updates Integrated productivity, management & security Best of Office 365 apps & Windows 10 Business Highest level of productivity, management & security Support for hybrid environments Modern voice with cloud PBX
- 11. • Public preview started August 2 • $0 preview SKU on CSP Price List • Support available via standard CSP support channels • General availability towards the end of the calendar year (price to be US$20/mo/user) Microsoft 365 Business Launch details
- 12. Get Ready for Microsoft 365 Business Join the Cloud Solution Provider Program, if not already Get ready to sell Microsoft 365 Business partners.office.com/Microsoft365Business Extend your managed services offerings with the power of Microsoft 365 Business Be part of the public preview, offer Microsoft 365 Business to your customers now We’re helping our customers leverage technology in ways they never have before… – CEO, Microsoft 365 Business Early Adopter
- 13. Set-up wizard streamlines initial set-up New Devices card simplifies PC and mobile device management Integrated options to facilitate free upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Creators Update
- 14. Here the set-up wizard presents options for managing Office 365 data on iOS and Android devices.
- 15. In this step, the Wizard allows You to configure Windows 10 devise Security and management settings.
- 16. AutoPilot Admin Experience Included in Microsoft 365 Business, Windows AutoPilot enables devices to be pre-registered and pre-configured via the cloud, allowing partners to deploy a new device with no IT intervention required. Watch the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K4hC5NchbE
- 17. Customer Benefits
- 18. Connect with customers, coworkers, and suppliers Achieve more together Bring together everything your team needs, in one place Create great work with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Meet Cortana, your new digital personal assistant
- 19. Anywhere it matters No Wi-Fi, no problem. Edit offline and sync later Work together with coworkers, from anywhere Take your work with you, with secure cloud storage Stay engaged with your teams, from your favorite device
- 20. Always-on security Enable solid security, with simplified management Help protect against security threats Safeguard company data across PCs, phones and tablets Get the latest Office 365 and Windows 10 updates
- 21. Simplified for business Quickly setup new employees to get them going Manage users & devices with a single console Simplify with a single login for all devices
- 22. Business Plans Enterprise Plans Office 365 Business Premium Microsoft 365 Business Office 365 Enterprise E3 Microsoft 365 Enterprise E3 Office 365 Enterprise E5 Microsoft 365 Enterprise E5 Estimated retail price per user per month $USD (with annual commitment) A$17.49 A$25 (est) A$29.59 A$34 A$51.70 A$61 Maximum number of users 300 300 unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited STANDARD SERVICES Install Office on up to 5 PCs/Macs + 5 tablets + 5 smartphones per user Business Business ProPlus ProPlus ProPlus ProPlus Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Skype, Microsoft Teams Business Apps – Outlook Customer Manager, Bookings, MileIQ1 Business center2, Listings2, Connections2, Invoicing2 ADVANCEDSERVICES Legal compliance & archiving needs for email – archiving, eDiscovery, mailbox hold Information protection – message encryption, rights management, data loss prevention Advanced Threat Protection, Advanced Security Management, Threat Intelligence, Advanced Compliance Add-on Add-on Add-on End User and Organizational Analytics (MyAnalytics), PowerBI Pro Add-on Add-on Add-on PSTN Conferencing Add-on Add-on Add-on Cloud PBX, PSTN Calling4 Add-on Add-on Windows: Windows 10 Business (Windows Defender, Store, Cortana Mgmt Controls, Auto- Install Office apps, Upgrade rights to Windows 10 Pro for 7/8.1 Pro licenses) Windows: Windows AutoPilot EMS: Microsoft Intune, Azure Active Directory Premium P1 3 Windows: Microsoft Desktop Optimization Package, VDA Windows: Enterprise Data Protection, Windows Hello, Credential Guard, Device Guard, App Locker EMS: Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics, Azure Information Protection P1 Windows: Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection EMS: Azure Active Directory Premium P2, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Azure Information Protection P2  Available in US, UK, Canada  Currently in public preview in US, UK, Canada  Only selected features: App protection for Office mobile apps, MDM for Windows 10 PCs, Selective wipe of company data, AAD Auto-Enroll  Cloud PBX Required Plan Comparison
- 23. Business Premium Microsoft 365 Business Microsoft 365 Enterprise Mixed OS Some on-premises IT Hybrid identity Office 2007 EOS Multiple locations Need to support mobile. Windows 10 Pro (CU) Cloud identity for users and devices Protection of company data across personal & company owned devices Compelling events: Small Business Server replacement Hardware refresh Multiple locations Mixed OS Hybrid identity Advanced security controls Modern voice experience Compelling events: Windows Server replacement Hardware refresh Multiple locations Customer targeting guidance for small to midsize businesses
- 24. CIAOPS Resources • Blog – http://blog.ciaops.com • Free SharePoint Training via email – http://bit.ly/cia-gs-spo • Free Office 365, Azure Administration newsletter – http://bit.ly/cia-o365-tech • Free Office 365, Azure video tutorials – http://www.youtube.com/directorciaops • Free documents, presentations, eBooks – http://docs.com/ciaops • Office 365, Azure, Cloud podcast – http://ciaops.podbean.com • Office 365, Azure online training courses – http://www.ciaopsacademy.com • Office 365, Azure eBooks – http://www.ciaops.com/publications Twitter @directorcia Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ciaops Email [email protected] Skype for Business [email protected]
- 25. 1Q48VMiR152XNuDEkfV3khFdiYoBPGH4V4 Support this content via Bitcoin
Public clipboards featuring this slide, select another clipboard.
Looks like you’ve clipped this slide to already.
You just clipped your first slide!
Create a clipboard
Get slideshare without ads, special offer to slideshare readers, just for you: free 60-day trial to the world’s largest digital library..
The SlideShare family just got bigger. Enjoy access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more from Scribd.
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.
Help us keep SlideShare free
It appears that you have an ad-blocker running. By whitelisting SlideShare on your ad-blocker, you are supporting our community of content creators.
- Get started with computers
- Learn Microsoft Office
- Apply for a job
- Improve my work skills
- Design nice-looking docs
- Getting Started
- Smartphones & Tablets
- Typing Tutorial
- Online Learning
- Basic Internet Skills
- Online Safety
- Social Media
- Zoom Basics
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Career Planning
- Resume Writing
- Cover Letters
- Job Search and Networking
- Business Communication
- Entrepreneurship 101
- Careers without College
- Job Hunt for Today
- 3D Printing
- Freelancing 101
- Personal Finance
- Sharing Economy
- Graphic Design
- Image Editing
- Learning WordPress
- Language Learning
- Critical Thinking
- For Educators
- Staff Picks
- English expand_more expand_less
PowerPoint - What is Office 365?
Powerpoint -, what is office 365, powerpoint what is office 365.
PowerPoint: What is Office 365?
Lesson 34: what is office 365.
Office 365 is a subscription-based version of the Microsoft Office Suite, and you have a few options when purchasing an account. One is Office 365 Personal , which gives a single user full access to every Office application. Another is Office 365 Home , which is designed for families where multiple people will be using Office.
Watch the video below to see more of what Office 365 has to offer.
There are a lot of similarities between Office 365 programs and the traditional Microsoft Office Suite, so the overall experience should feel familiar if you've used Office before.
However, Office 365 offers several advantages that aren’t available with the Microsoft Office Suite. For instance, a subscription to Office 365 grants you access to more features , including the Translator, a Resume Assistant, and Smart Lookup. You can also collaborate with others in Excel via the co-authoring feature, which lets others edit your workbook in real time.
Office mobile apps also come with more features when you subscribe. For example, you can do things like insert page breaks, use more colors, or make PivotTables with the Excel mobile app. Free editions of the mobile apps, however, only let you perform basic tasks, like creating a file and entering text.
Office 365 includes other benefits as well, like more file storage in OneDrive and technical support.
SharePoint and software updates
Another distinct advantage to using Office 365, especially for businesses, is access to SharePoint Online . This is a service included in some versions of Office 365 that allows you to share and collaborate with others, whether they’re colleagues or customers. Because the documents live in the cloud, security permissions can be set up to allow anyone in the organization, regardless of their location, to view a document.
Office 365 subscribers also get more frequent software updates than those who have purchased Office without a subscription. This means Office 365 subscribers have access to the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes.
PowerPoint (Office 365): Overview and Usage
PowerPoint allows you to edit, present, and record presentations. PowerPoint helps supplement and support the words you may be speaking to a live audience.
Suggested uses for students:
- Create flashcards to help you and classmates study for an upcoming exam
Suggested uses for faculty:
- Create a Jeopardy game for your students to review for an exam or help reinforce concepts that are often difficult.
Introduction to PowerPoint
Slides and layouts
Text and tables
Pictures and graphics
Present slide shows
Animation, video, and audio
Share and co-author
Make your PowerPoints accessible to people with disabilities
Subscribe to Knowledge Base
Get notified when new articles are added to the knowledge base.
Can't find what you're looking for? Start a live chat session Or call us at 215.641.6495
Office is now Microsoft 365
The all-new Microsoft 365 lets you create, share and collaborate all in one place with your favorite apps
For educators, free or premium: microsoft 365 has you covered.
Everyone gets cloud storage and essential Microsoft 365 apps on the web, free of charge
Create something inspiring
Quickly design anything for you and your family—birthday cards, school flyers, budgets, social posts, videos, and more—no graphic design experience needed.
Store with confidence
Your files and memories stay safe and secure in the cloud, with 5 GB for free and 1 TB+ if you go premium
Share with friends...
...even if they don't have Microsoft 365. Seamlessly collaborate and create files with your friends and family
Protect your loved ones
Protect the ones you love with digital and physical safety features and the Family Safety app
More apps in fewer places
The new Microsoft 365 brings together your favorite Microsoft apps all in one, intuitive platform
The best tools. Your best team. The world at your fingertips.
Microsoft 365 empowers your employees to do their best work from anywhere in the world, together in one place
Create anywhere, anytime, with any app
Anyone in your organization can quickly create documents, presentations, and worksheets within a single, unified, Microsoft 365 experience
Your content Your Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 empowers your organization to organize, and safely store files in OneDrive with intuitive and easy organizational tools
Work together, better
Keep your business connected from anywhere with chat and cloud collaboration tools
Pick up where you left off
Microsoft 365 seamlessly tracks updates, task, and comments across all your files so you can pick up right where you left off
Empower your students and teachers to achieve more
Teachers and students get access to the best tools for learning anywhere—in the classroom, remotely or in a blended environment—for free
Spark creativity and collaboration in any learning environment—whether in the classroom, remote, or blended—with intuitive, inclusive design
Empower your educators
Create equitable learning environments that help students develop knowledge and skills essential for both academic and career success
Give students the tools to learn and collaborate on projects together and independently, all in one place
Bring your class together
Microsoft 365 helps your students connect and achieve more together, whether in the classroom, at home, or around the globe
Microsoft PowerPoint empowers you to create clean slideshow presentations and intricate pitch decks and gives you a powerful presentation maker to tell your
Microsoft PowerPoint empowers you to create clean slideshow presentations and ... recommendations on pacing, word choice, and more through the power of AI.
A overview presentation on Microsoft 365 with a particular focus on the Business offering. It covers what the product is and why it is
Office 365 is a subscription-based version of the Microsoft Office Suite, and you have a few options when purchasing an account. One is Office 365 Personal
Welcome To Microsoft Word 2016. Microsoft Word. Word 2016 is a word processing application/program that allows you to create a variety of documents like
Extended support for Office 2010 will end on October 13, 2020. Hidden Slide | Do Not Present. Collaborate in the Cloud with Microsoft 365.
HOW TO TRANSFORM WORD TO POWERPOINT Office 365 // See how to turn your Word document into a PowerPoint presentation using MS Office 365
PowerPoint allows you to edit, present, and record presentations. PowerPoint helps supplement and support the words you may be speaking to a
This presentation will cover new features available in the Outlook Web App (OWA) and Microsoft Outlook 2013. Click on any of the links below to browse to the
Collaborate for free with online versions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote. Save documents, workbooks, and presentations online