Problem-solving Maths Investigations for Year 5
Hamilton provide an extensive suite of problem-solving maths investigations for Year 5 to facilitate mathematical confidence, investigative inquiry and the development of maths meta skills in 'low floor – high ceiling' activities for all.
Explore all our in-depth problem solving investigations for Year 5 .
Use problem-solving investigations within every unit to encourage children to develop and exercise their ability to reason mathematically and think creatively.
Investigations provide challenges that offer opportunities for the development of the key mathematical skills while deepening conceptual understanding. They are designed to be accessible in different ways to all children. An added bonus is the substantial amount of extra calculation practice they often incorporate! The problems are designed to help children identify patterns, to explore lines of thinking and to reason and communicate about properties of numbers, shapes and measures.
Hamilton provide a mix of our own specially commissioned investigations, that include guidance for teachers together with a child-friendly sheet to guide your pupils through the investigation, as well as links to investigations on other highly regarded websites.
I am very grateful for Hamilton Trust resources, particularly the maths investigations. Julia, teacher in Wiltshire
You can find Hamilton's investigations for Year 5:
- Individually, they are incorporated into every unit in our Year 5 flexible maths blocks .
- Collectively, they appear on our resources page where you can explore all our in-depth problem solving investigations for Year 5 .
Do read our extensive range of advice for more information about the investigations and for tips on how to use them effectively.
Hamilton’s problem-solving investigations are 'low floor, high ceiling' activities that give all children opportunities to develop mastery and mathematical meta-skills. Explore a set for a whole year group.
Hamilton’s Problem-solving Investigations provide school-wide solutions to the challenges of building investigative skills from Early Years to Year 6.
Log in or sign up to get access to this resource
Become a friend.
Access to this resource requires any key stage licence. Donate £33 to get individual access to your key stage.
Subscribe your School
Access to all key stages for up to 30 teachers.
Already have an account?
Log in to get access.
Reasoning/Problem Solving Maths Worksheets for Year 5 (age 9-10)
Real life problem solving.
A collection of problem solving activities based on real life situations.
Some of the questions are quite long, but they can be answered with a single step operation.
Using bar models to help understand what to do to solve multi-step problems.
Much trickier questions as they all need more than one step to reach the right answer.
Multi-step problems with shopping.
Tricky multi-step problems on thew theme of hobbies.
Multi-step problems: using cards.
Multi-step problems: using place value charts.
Money, money, money! Lots of money questions which will need a lot of working out!
Straightforward addition of money which can be done mentally, maybe using jottings to help.
Work out the cost of the plants from the information given.
Addition of money to really stretch the brain!
Solving problems involving '3 for 2' voucher offer.
Solving money problems with 3 for 2 offers and percentages.
More percentage problems.
Tricky word problems needing more than one step to solve.
Questions all on the theme of measurement, including length, capacity and weight.
Hours, minutes seconds are all found in these questions on time.
Find the number from the clues given.
Solve multi-step problems and check by carrying out inverse operations.
Find the largest and smallest numbers and the difference between them.
Not so much the correct answer needed; more choosing the method and an explanation of how to solve the problem.
Fractions, decimals and divisibility
Problem solving involving fractions, decimals and tests of divisibility.
Finding facts about decimal fractions, including bar modelling.
Finding facts about decimal fractions, including using bar modelling to help.
Find half way between two decimals.
Word problems with decimals.
Some tests of divisibility are easy, such as divisible by 2, 5 or 10. Others, such as divisible by 6 or 8 are much harder.
Challenges and investigations
Further challenges, investigations and games requiring sound mathematical thinking and working in a systematic way.
Binary trees are often used in science, but here we use them to sort numbers.
More on odd and even numbers, plus a little bit on multiples.
Some great ideas for children to use as starting points to investigate further.
Find examples to back up general statements about numbers, shape etc.
Place the digits in the rows and columns to make the total shown in the middle.
A look at some of the maths concepts involved with investigations in year 5.
Subscribe to our newsletter
The latest news, articles, and resources, sent to your inbox weekly.
© Copyright 2011 - 2023 Route One Network Ltd. - URBrainy.com 4.0
- Schools directory
- Resources Jobs Schools directory News Search
Reasoning problems Year 5/6 with answers
Age range: 7-11
Resource type: Worksheet/Activity
- Share through email
- Share through twitter
- Share through linkedin
- Share through facebook
- Share through pinterest
This resource has been created based on KS2 SATs reasoning tests. These can be used to practise a range of skills or identify gaps in learning. Answers are at the bottom of the worksheet.
Creative Commons "Sharealike"
Your rating is required to reflect your happiness.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Thank you for sharing
Empty reply does not make any sense for the end user
Report this resource to let us know if it violates our terms and conditions. Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.
Not quite what you were looking for? Search by keyword to find the right resource:
Live worksheets > English > Math > Problem solving > Year 5 problem solving
More Math interactive worksheets
Please allow access to the microphone Look at the top of your web browser. If you see a message asking for permission to access the microphone, please allow. Close
Problem Solving Skills Assessment Test
Problem Solving Skills Assessment
Assessment details, assessment summary, skills tested in this assessment, what to test with this assessment, about the problem solving skills assessment.
Ready to find the best candidates with top problem solving skills to grow your business? Use our Problem Solving skills assessment and never make another unqualified hire again.
Problem Solving is all about using logic, imagination, and creativity, to understand a situation and then come up with an intelligent solution to the problem. The best problem solvers can actively anticipate potential future problems and act quickly to prevent them from ever happening or to mitigate the effects.
This Problem Solving test assesses whether job candidates have the ability to learn, solve problems, and understand instructions while allowing you to see how adaptable they are to coaching and training.
Candidates who perform well on this Problem Solving assessment will have all the technical skills to successfully understand and articulate a problem and plan for it. They will also have the necessary soft skills to critically think about solutions to problems and effectively communicate this back to stakeholders.
Read G2 Reviews
Read Capterra Reviews
Read GetApp Reviews
LEADING SKILLS ASSESSMENTS
Assessments are more than just a shortlisting tool with vervoe.
Vervoe skills assessments test a range of skills in one engaging, user-friendly flow. Unlock the hidden potential of candidates and remove unnecessary offline stages from your hiring process. Increase productivity and make decisions confidently with complete transparency around candidate scoring with data-rich profiles that make it simple to compare top performers.
Build your ideal assessment
Invite and track candidate progress, optimize your assessment, select what really matters, hire your hidden gem, selecting the ideal candidate, problem solving online test sample questions, create a free account today to access the full problem solving skills assessment test and more from our assessment library, problem solving, question type: multiple choice, never make another bad hire.
Traditional job interviews don’t do the job
Transform the way you hire
Hire faster, hire 90% faster.
Assessments are automatically graded by our powerful AI to save you time and provide accurate scores for each of your candidates. Top performers are highlighted by score and with trophies and badges.
Surface the most qualified person based on how they perform tasks specific to your role. Test technical, non-technical, and soft skills in one assessment. Vervoe learns what’s most valuable to you, and identifies people with the skills to match.
Instead of screening people out, make hiring inclusive by testing everyone that applies for your role. Do away with relying on resumes to find the best candidates and reduce human biases that can be introduced in the hiring process.
AI-Powered Skill Assessments
Your complete solution for skills testing, immersive questions.
With 10 unique question types from code challenges to working spreadsheets to engage your candidates and place them inside real world scenarios.
Over 300 ready to use assessment templates for a variety of different roles plus a verified bank of 300,000+ questions to draw from to create your own.
Add your logo and corporate colours along with personalised intro videos and introduction notes for candidates.
Invite candidates to your assessment by email, or get them to apply by taking the assessment directly from your job ad, social post or careers page. Use an ATS? We have a growing suite of ready to use integrations.
Complete skill profile
Results are displayed with overall scores and rank plus breakdowns of achievements for individual skills. Top performers are easy to spot with badges and trophies.
Candidate report cards
In-depth report cards for each candidate including a breakdown of results and achievements for each skill along with full assessment responses.
Easily shortlist, compare and share candidate report cards with hiring stakeholders. Leave comments and tag candidates for further stages.
“It eliminated bias, and we saw a huge improvement straight away. Candidates were now being assessed purely on their skills”
Candidate report cards, dig deeper and make informed decisions.
See who can actually do the job in real time, create efficiency through automation and quickly surface the most qualified candidates based on how they perform job-related tasks.
Frequently asked questions.
A problem solving test is a type of assessment that measures an individual’s ability to identify and solve problems. The test usually consists of a series of questions or scenarios that require the candidate to select the best course of action. Problem solving tests are commonly used in educational and workplace settings as a way to evaluate critical thinking and decision-making skills. While there is no one-size-fits-all approach to problem solving, the ability to break down a problem into smaller components, identify potential solutions, and select the most effective course of action is often key to finding a successful resolution.
Vervoe’s problem solving skills test can help to improve the recruitment process by providing a more accurate assessment of a candidate’s ability. By presenting candidates with problems and seeing how they respond, employers can get a better idea of how they will perform on the job. In addition, problem solving tests can help employers to analyze data of their candidate pool more effectively. By identifying patterns in how candidates respond to problems, employers can identify those who are likely to be successful in the role.
Many jobs require problem solving as part of their skill set, but some are more obviously oriented toward this type of work than others. For instance, jobs in the field of engineering often require employees to find solutions to complex technical problems. Similarly, positions in sales or customer service frequently entail finding creative ways to resolve customer issues. Even jobs that are not traditionally seen as requiring problem solving skills can benefit from employees who are able to think on their feet and come up with solutions to challenges as they arise. In today’s ever-changing business landscape, the ability to solve problems is an essential skill for success in any career.
Problem solving tests are designed to assess a range of skills that are essential for success in the workplace. The ability to creative think is perhaps the most important skill that is tested, as it allows candidates to generate multiple solutions to a problem. This is important as it allows different perspectives to be considered and the best solution to be chosen. Other skills that are assessed include the ability to think logically and rationally, as well as the ability to communicate effectively. These skills are all highly relevant to job performance, making problem solving tests an excellent way to identify the best candidates for a role.
We offer assessments for any stage of your hiring process.
Top of Funnel: Screen candidates at the top of the funnel with interactive multiple choice questions that include multi media choices. You’ll be able to test knowledge quickly and keep candidates engaged. Assessments are quick to complete ~20min
Mid Funnel: Combine a variety of question types like multiple choice with media, video responses to see how they communicate and a couple of presentation or spreadsheet questions to dig deeper into their technical knowledge. Assessments take ~40min to complete.
Bottom Funnel : A great opportunity to focus on a single outcome and test extensively with a more elaborate question and some documentation around the process. Assessments take ~ 1.5 hrs to complete.
Combining a detailed job description with a skills assessment can help to identify the specific skills and knowledge required for a job, and can streamline the candidate selection process. By writing a clear and concise job description, hiring managers can attract the right candidates for each role.
Vervoe's comprehensive recruitment guides provide a competency framework that maps out the core job-related skills and soft skills required for success in the role. A recruitment guide helps understand the hiring process of building the ideal candidate profile, writing an accurate job description based on skills, selecting the ideal candidate, interviewing top performers, and making a job offer.
Vervoe is the most sophisticated skill testing recruitment software on the market. It uses advanced machine learning to create tailored skills assessments that are instantly auto-gradable, allowing companies to test candidates for any skill, and automatically grade their response at any scale.
Vervoe’s automated AI-powered screening leads to 90% reduction in time to hire , and 67% fewer interviews per hire .
See how we compare to all other tools out there.
Trusted by more than 8,000 teams worldwide
Hire top candidates, use ai-powered problem solving skills assessments to hire better candidates, faster..
See who can actually do the job, create efficiency through automation, and quickly surface the most qualified candidates so you can make data-driven hiring decisions that propel your business forward.
We help you confidently identify, test and evaluate key skills relevant to your role using our clever ai., product manager, medical assistant, advanced excel, contact centre representative, sales representative, transcriptionist.
- Assessment Library
- Request Demo
- Assessment Validity
- Compare Vervoe
- Employer Support
- Candidate Support
Copyright © 2023 All Rights Reserved by Vervoe
- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- Online Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
Year 5 Maths Worksheets UK Hub Page
Welcome to our Year 5 Maths Worksheets area.
Here you will find a wide range of free printable Maths Worksheets for pupils in Year 5, and Math activities for your child to enjoy.
Take a look at our decimal place value sheets, our mental math sheets, or maybe some of our equivalent fraction worksheets. Perhaps you would prefer our statistics worksheets, or how to measure angles?
This page contains links to other Math webpages where you will find a range of activities and resources.
If you can't find what you are looking for, try searching the site using the Google search box at the top of each page.
Year 5 Maths Learning
Here are some of the key learning objectives for the end of Year 5:
- know and use Place value up to 1 million
- Compare and order numbers up to 1 million
- Counting on and back in steps of powers of 10 from any number up to 1 million
- Round numbers to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, 10000 or 100000.
- Count forwards and backwards through zero with positive and negative numbers.
- Read Roman numerals to 1000
- add and subtract with more than 4 digits in columns
- add or subtract larger numbers mentally
- solve multi-step problems using addition and subtraction
- Multiply and divide whole numbers and decimals up to 2dp by 10, 100 or 1000
- identify multiples and factors including common factors
- multiply up to 4-digit numbers by a 1-digit number
- multiply up to 3-digits numbers by 2-digits
- divide numbers up to 4-digits by a 1-digit number
- recognise and use squared and cubed numbers
- solve problems using multiplication and division
- know what a prime number is and recall prime numbers up to 20
- compare and order fractions whose denominators are multiples of the same number
- identify, name and write equivalent fractions
- convert between mixed numbers and improper fractions
- add and subtract fractions with the same denominator or whose denominators are multiples of the same number
- multiply proper fractions and mixed numbers by whole numbers
- read and write decimal numbers as fractions.
- Multiply and divide whole numbers and decimals by 10, 100 or 1000
- read, write, order and compare numbers up to 2dp
- round decimals with up to 2dp to the nearest whole
- solve problems with numbers up to 2dp
- understand and use the percent symbol
- convert percentages to fractions with a denominator of 100
- know fraction-percentage equivalence for halves, quarters, fifths and tenths
- solve problems using simple percentages
- measure, compare and calculate using different measures
- find the area and perimeter of a range of rectilinear shapes
- convert between different units of time
- convert between different units of metric measure
- convert between simple imperial and metric units
- solve more complex money and measure problems
- draw and measure angles in degrees
- know the sum of angles at a point (360°rees;) and angles at a point along a line (180°rees;)
- identify 3D shapes from 2D representations
- Identify, describe and represent the position of a shape following a reflection or translation
- find the area and perimeter of composite rectilinear shapes
- know properties of regular and irregular shapes
Our site is mainly based around the US Elementary school math standards.
Though the links on this page are all designed primarily for students in the US, but they are also at the correct level and standard for UK students.
The main issue is that some of the spelling is different and this site uses US spelling.
Year 5 is generally equivalent to 4th Grade in the US.
On this page you will find link to our range of math worksheets for Year 5.
Quicklinks to Year 5 ...
- Place Value Zone
- Mental Math Zone
Word Problems Zone
- Fractions & Percentages Zone
- Measurement Zone
Data analysis zone.
- Fun Zone: games and puzzles
Coronavirus Stay At Home Support
For those parents who have found themselves unexpectedly at home with the kids and need some emergency activities for them to do, we have started to develop some Maths Grab Packs for kids in the UK.
Each pack consists of at least 10 mixed math worksheets on a variety of topics to help you keep you child occupied and learning.
The idea behind them is that they can be used out-of-the-box for some quick maths activities for your child.
They are completely FREE - take a look!
- Free Maths Grabs Packs
Place Value & Number Sense Zone
Year 5 place value worksheets.
Using these Year 5 maths worksheets will help your child to:
- Understand decimals;
- Use place value notation with tenths and hundredths;
- Know how to read and write numbers to 10 million;
- Understand place value to 10 million.
- Decimal Place Value Worksheets
- Year 5 Place Value up to 6 digits
- Comparing and Ordering Whole Numbers up to 6 Digits
- Ordering Decimals Worksheets
- Roman Numerals worksheets
Year 5 Number Worksheets
Using these Year 5 Maths worksheets will help your child to:
- learn to estimate and approximate;
- order numbers, including negative numbers and decimals;
- learn how to place decimal numbers on a number line;
- understand and use multiples and factors, and know what a prime number is;
- complete the missing number to balance a math equation.
- Factors and Multiples Worksheet
- Rounding Decimals to the nearest whole
- Rounding to the nearest tenth
- Balancing Math Equations
Year 5 Counting Worksheets
Using these sheets will support you child to:
- count on and back by multiples of 10;
- fill in the missing numbers in sequences;
- count on and back into negative numbers.
- Counting on and back by tens
Year 5 Mental Maths Zone
Here you will find a range of printable Year 5 mental maths sheets for your child to enjoy.
Each quiz tests the children on a range of maths topics from number facts and mental arithmetic to geometry, fraction and measures questions.
A great way to revise topics, or use as a weekly math test or math quiz!
- Year 5 Mental Maths Worksheet
Top of Page
Year 5 Addition Worksheets
- add multiple numbers in columns up to 5 digits;
- add numbers in columns, including money amounts with up to two decimal places.
- Decimal Addition Worksheets (mental)
- Free Addition Worksheets (randomly generated)
- Addition Worksheets with Multi-Addends
- Money Addition Worksheets (£ )
- Money Worksheets (randomly generated)
Year 5 Subtraction Worksheets
- learn to subtract numbers with up to 5 digits;
- learn to subtract numbers involving money with decimals with up to two decimal places.
- Free Subtraction Worksheets (randomly generated)
- 5 Digit Subtraction Worksheets
- Money Subtraction Worksheets UK (£ )
- Subtracting Decimals Worksheets (mental)
Year 5 Multiplication Worksheets
Using these 4th grade math worksheets will help your child to:
- use their multiplication table knowledge to multiply by 10s and 100s mentally
- multiply any whole number by a single digit;
- multiply a two or three digit number by a two digit number.
- Times Table Worksheets Circles 1 to 12 tables
- Times Tables Worksheets (randomly generated)
- Multiplying Decimals by 10 and 100
- Multiply and Divide by 10 100 (decimals)
- Multiplying by Multiples of 10 and 100
- Single Digit Multiplication Graded Sheets
- Double Digit Multiplication Worksheets (Graded)
- Single Digit Multiplication Worksheets Generator
- Multi-Digit Multiplication Generator
- Multiplication Word Problems
Year 5 Division Worksheets
Using these Year 5 maths worksheets will help your child learn to:
- apply their division facts up to 10x10 to answer related questions involving 10s and 100s.
- divide any whole number by a single digit.
- Divding by Multiples of 10 and 100 Worksheets
- Year 5 (4th Grade) Long Division Worksheets
These sheets involve solving a range of division problems.
- Division Worksheets (Grade 4) Word Problems
- Division Facts Worksheets (randomly generated)
Year 5 Math Problems
- apply their addition, subtraction and problem solving skills;
- apply their knowledge of rounding and place value;
- solve a range of 'real life' problems;
- attempt more challenging longer problems.
Using the problems in this section will help your child develop their problem solving and reasoning skills.
These sheets involve solving one or two more challenging longer problems.
- 4th Grade Math Problems
These sheets involve solving many 'real-life' problems involving data.
- 4th Grade Math Word Problems
These sheets involve solving a range of multiplciation problems.
- Division Worksheets Grade 4 Word Problems
Fractions & Percentage Zone
Quicklinks to ...
- Year 5 Fractions Worksheets
Year 5 Percentage Worksheets
Year 5 fraction worksheets.
- position different fractions on a number line;
- understand equivalent fractions;
- understand what a mixed number is;
- compare two or more fractions;
- begin to convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions.
- Equivalent Fractions Worksheets
- Comparing Fractions Worksheet page
- Improper Fraction Worksheets
- Fractions of Numbers
- Convert Fractions to Decimal Sheets
- Convert Decimal to Fraction Sheets
- Free Printable Fraction Riddles (harder)
Take a look at our percentage worksheets for finding the percentage of a number or money amount.
We have a range of percentage sheets from quite a basic level to much harder.
- Fractions Decimals Percents Worksheets
- Percentage Word Problems
Year 5 Geometry Worksheets
Using these sheets will help you to:
- classify angles - acute, obtuse, right, reflex, straight;
- classify triangles - acute, obtuse, right;
- measure angles using a protractor;
- know that angles in a triangle add up to 180°
- know the properties of regular and irregular shapes
- plot and write coordinates in the first quadrant.
- 4th Grade Geometry Worksheets
- Symmetry Activities
- Coordinate Worksheets (1st Quadrant)
Measurement Zone, including Time & Money
Year 5 measurement worksheets.
Using these sheets will help your child understand how to:
- read scales in both the standard and metric systems;
- read a scale going up in a range of fractions: halves, quarters and eighths;
- read a scale going up in tenths, fives, tens, fifties, and hundreds.
- 4th Grade Measurement Worksheets
- Converting Customary Units Worksheets
- Metric Conversion Worksheets
Area and Perimeter Worksheets
- understand area and perimeter;
- learn how to find the area and perimeter of rectangles and rectilinear shapes.
- Area Worksheets
- Perimeter Worksheets
Year 5 Time Worksheets (4th Grade)
Using the sheets in this section will help your child to:
- tell the time to the nearest minute;
- become familiar with both digital and analogue times;
- add and subtract time intervals.
- Telling Time Worksheets Grade 4 (1 minute intervals)
- 24 Hour Clock Conversion Worksheets
On this webpage there is a selection of printable 24 hour (military time) conversion worksheets which will help you learn to convert from 24 hour clock to standard 12 hour time, and from standard time to 24 hour time.
Time Interval Worksheets
These sheets will help you learn to add and subtract hours and minutes from times as well as working out a range of time intervals.
- Add and Subtract Time Worksheets
- Elapsed Time Worksheets
Time Puzzles - harder
Here you will find our selection of harder time puzzles.
- Time Word Problems Worksheets - Riddles (harder)
Using these 4th grade math worksheets will help you to:
- draw and read bar graphs with increasingly complex numbers;
- read, interpret and draw line graphs;
- Year 5 Bar Graph Worksheets (4th grade)
- Year 5 Line Graph Worksheets
Fun Zone: Puzzles, Games and Riddles
Year 5 maths games.
- Year 5 Math Games (4th Grade)
Year 5 Maths Puzzles
The puzzles will help your child practice and apply their addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts as well as developing their thinking and reasoning skills in a fun and engaging way.
- Year 5 Maths Puzzles (4th Grade)
Math Salamanders Year 5 Maths Games Ebook
Our Year 5 Maths Games Ebook contains all of our fun maths games, complete with instructions and resources.
This ebooklet is available in our store - use the link below to find out more!
- Year 5 Maths Games Ebook
Other UK Maths Worksheet pages
See below for our other maths worksheets hub pages designed for children in the UK.
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 easy steps to get your worksheets printed out perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return to Math Salamanders UK Home Page
Return from Year 5 Maths Worksheets to Math Salamanders Homepage
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
Math Salamanders Shop
Looking for some fun printable math games?
We have some great games for you to play in our Math Games e-books!
- Check out our store
NEW Online Age Calculator
Do you know how old you are...in weeks? days? hours?
Are you more than a million minutes old?
Find out how old you are to the nearest second!
- Online Age Calculator
NEW Fraction Calculators
We have updated and improved our fraction calculators to show you how to solve your fraction problems step-by-step!
Take a look and try them out!
- Adding Fractions Calculator
- Subtracting Fractions Calculator
- Multiply Fractions Calculator
- Divide Fractions Calculator
New Math Sheets & Resources
Check out our LATEST webpages.
- Number Lines 0 to 1
- 2 Digit Multiplication Worksheets
- Converting Decimals to Fractions Worksheets
- Basic Fractions Worksheets
- Negative Numbers Games
- Multiplying Negative Numbers Online Practice
- Divide Negative Numbers Online Practice
- Adding Negative Numbers Online Practice
- Subtracting Negative Numbers Online Practice
Some of our TOP pages!
Have a look at some of our most popular pages to see different Math activities and ideas you could use with your child
- Reverse Percentage Calculator
- List of Geometric Shapes
- Equivalent Fractions
- 3d Geometric Shapes
If you are a regular user of our site and appreciate what we do, please consider making a small donation to help us with our costs.
Get a free sample copy of our Math Salamanders Dice Games book with each donation!
FUN Math Games
Looking for a fun and motivating way to learn and practice math skills?
Why not try one of our free printable math games with your students!
- Fun Math Games
- Printable Math Certificates
Looking for some cool math certificates to hand out?
A certificate is a great way to praise achievement in math learning.
Check out our printable math certificate collection!
© 2010-2022 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy
Problem-Solving Aptitude Test Questions 2023 - Placement Mock Exam Papers with Answers
Practice free online solved Problem-Solving Aptitude Mock Test 2023: Download previous year's solved Problem-Solving placement exam question papers with answers.
- What is Problem-Solving aptitude test?
- How to prepare for Problem-Solving aptitude test?
- What is the difficulty level of Problem-Solving aptitude test?
- Tips to pass the latest Problem-Solving placement exam 2023.
- Practice 100+ Problem-Solving aptitude test papers.
- Top Problem-Solving aptitude mock tests.
What is Problem-Solving Aptitude Test?
Problem-Solving placement aptitude test is a popular pre-employment cognitive ability assessment. To make better hiring decisions, companies conducts a Problem-Solving test to predict candidates' competency level and likelihood of success in a job role. A company uses Problem-Solving tests during the recruitment process to compare applicants.
Placement aptitude test is designed to assess the Problem-Solving skills of the candidates. Problem-Solving placement aptitude test contains multiple-choice questions.
How to Pass Problem-Solving Aptitude Test?
If you are going to appear in the upcoming Problem-Solving aptitude test 2023, follow these top 5 tips to easily pass the test:
 Practice Realistic Problem-Solving Online Tests
If you want to pass the Problem-Solving aptitude test, then you need to practice a lot. You should take online tests under simulated exam conditions and start practicing tricky questions for the Problem-Solving aptitude test.
 Know the Latest Exam Format of the Problem-Solving Placement Test
Researching the format of the Problem-Solving aptitude test beforehand will prevent any surprises during the real exam conducted by Problem-Solving.
 Focus on your Weakest Areas
While practicing time-bound Problem-Solving mock tests, try to find some difficult topics from the Problem-Solving aptitude test syllabus and create strategies to improve exam results.
 Manage your Time Carefully During the Problem-Solving Mock Test Papers
Time-bound Problem-Solving mock tests are conducted under strict time restrictions. Keep an eye on the clock during the Problem-Solving aptitude test and work steadily.
 What if I Fail Problem-Solving Aptitude Exam on my First Attempt?
Problem-Solving is not that difficult but some candidates are not able to score high in the Problem-Solving aptitude test on their first attempt. Such applicants are advised to practice the previous year's Problem-Solving aptitude questions. It will help candidates understand the Problem-Solving aptitude test format. This way, test givers will be able to score well in the Problem-Solving section of the placement examination next time.
Is Problem-Solving Aptitude Test Difficult?
The overall difficulty level of the Problem-Solving placement aptitude exam is moderate. Problem-Solving aptitude question papers are one of the important study materials for preparing effectively for the Problem-Solving placement exam. Candidates should analyse Problem-Solving aptitude test papers thoroughly to find the most important and scoring topics of the latest Problem-Solving aptitude exam pattern and syllabus.
Best Tips to Prepare for Problem-Solving Aptitude Test for the Latest Campus Placements 2023
Watch this video if you are searching:
- Top tips to prepare and pass Problem-Solving Aptitude Test.
- Mistakes to avoid during Problem-Solving placement exam preparation.
- How to clear Problem-Solving aptitude test without preparation?
- How to clear aptitude tests in Problem-Solving campus placement papers?
- How to prepare for Problem-Solving aptitude test in one day?
- Free Problem-Solving aptitude tests.
- Online Problem-Solving aptitude tests.
Practice 100+ Free Online Problem-Solving Aptitude Tests with Solved Questions and Answers
When you are preparing for the Problem-Solving aptitude test, do not forget to practice with old Problem-Solving question papers. There are many good sources online, where you can download PDF exam papers or practice free Problem-Solving aptitude mock tests:
- Free Online PROBLEM-SOLVING TEST Practice & Preparation Tests
- Use our problem-solving test to hire the best - TestGorilla
- Problem-Solving Skills Assessment Test | Vervoe
- 16 Problem-Solving Test Interview Questions & Answers
- McKinsey Problem-Solving Test Practice Test A
- Analytical Reasoning Tests: Free Online Questions & Tips
- Problem-Solving Quizzes & Trivia - ProProfs
- Logical Reasoning Test: 100s Of Free Practice Questions (2022)
- Free Bairesdev Problem-Solving Test Prep - 12minprep
- What is Problem-Solving? Steps, Process & Techniques | ASQ
- Problem-Solving Ability Test - MeritTrac
- Problem-Solving Skills Test - Mettl
- Problem-Solving Assessment and Tests | Discover Assessments
- Problem-solving | HackerRank
- Reasoning Puzzles Questions and Answers - Free Online Test
- Problem-Solving Quizzes | Study.com
- McKinsey Problem-Solving Game - Guide & Mock Test
- Creative Problem-Solving Test - Psychology Today
- How To Test Problem-Solving Skills In Tech Interview
- Top 20 Problem-Solving Interview Questions (Example Answers …
- Free Analytical Reasoning Test Practice for Jobs - 2022
- Logical Problems Quiz - Reasoning Questions and Answers
- Problem-Solving Flashcards, test questions and answers
- PISA Test - OECD
- Problem-Solving Reasoning - key concepts with solved examples
- Problem-Solving Skills Test | Soft Skills & Management Skills …
- Online Problem-Solving Skills Test For Recruitment
- Problem-Solving Test - 9 - MBA Entrance | GRE | SAT | GMAT
- Problem-Solving and Decision Making Free Practice Test
- Test: Problem-Solving- 1 | 10 Questions MCQ Test General Test ...
- McKinsey Assessment Test: Free Practice Questions (2022)
- 26 Good Examples of Problem-Solving (Interview Answers)
- 8 Common Problem-Solving Interview Questions and Answers
- Problem-Solving Questions and Answers for Interviews
- 250+ TOP MCQs on Problem-Solving and Answers
- Free Problem-Solving Online Practice Tests - WizIQ
- Problem-solving test: Telomere replication - PubMed
- Problem-Solving - Advanced Test: Assess and Hire the best …
- Problem-Solving Assessments | Aptitude Practice Tests | Best …
- Problem-Solving Games, Activities & Exercises for Adults
- A comprehensive guide to the McKinsey PST and how to prepare
- Problem-Solving Test | HighMatch
- 10 Interview Questions to Determine Problem-Solving Skills
- Logical Reasoning Tests: A 2022 Guide - Psychometric Success
- Bain Online Test: Overview & Samples | MConsultingPrep
- Sample GMAT Problem-Solving Questions, With Answers
- 10 problem-solving interview questions to find top talent
Top Problem-Solving Placement Aptitude Mock Tests
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: 3i Infotech, AAI, ABACUS, ABB.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Accel Frontline, Accenture, Aditi, Adobe.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: ADP, Agreeya, Akamai, Alcatel Lucent.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Allfon, Alumnus, Amazon, Amdocs.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: AMI, Andhra Bank, AppLabs, Apps Associates.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Aricent, Ashok Leyland, Aspire, Atos Origin.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Axes, Bajaj, Bank of Maharashtra, BEL, BEML.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: BHEL, BirlaSoft, Blue Dart, Blue Star.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: BOB, BPCL, BPL, Brakes.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: BSNL, Cadence, Calsoft, Canara Bank.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Canarys, Capgemini, Caritor, Caterpillar.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: CDAC, C-DOT, CGI, Changepond.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Ciena, Cisco, Citicorp, CMC.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Consagous, Convergys, CORDYS, Crompton.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: CSC, CTS, Cummins, Dell, Deloitte.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Delphi-TVS, DeShaw, Deutsche, Dotcom.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: DRDO, EDS, ELGI, ELICO.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: EIL, ERICSSON, Essar, Fidelity.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Flextronics, Freescale, FXLabs, GAIL.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: GE, Genpact, Geodesic, Geometric.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Globaledge, GlobalLogic, Godrej, Google.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Grapecity, HAL, HCL, Hexaware.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Honeywell, HP, HPCL, HSBC, Huawei.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Hughes, IBM, IBS, ICICI.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: iGate, Impetus, iNautix, Indian Airforce.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Indian Airlines, Infosys, Infotech, Intec.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Integra, Intergraph, IOCL, iSOFT.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: ISRO, Ittiam, JSW, Keane.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Kenexa, L & T, L & T Infotech, LG Soft.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Lifetree, LionBridge, Mahindra Satyam, Mastek.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Maveric, McAfee, MECON, Microsoft, MindTree.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Miraclesoft, Mistral, Motorola, Mphasis.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: MTNL, NIC, Nokia Siemens, Novell.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: NTPC, Nucleus, ORACLE, Patni.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Perot, Polaris, Ramco, Robert Bosch.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Samsung, SAP, Sapient, Sasken.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: SBI, Sierra Atlantic, Sonata, Sony India.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: Sutherland, Syntel, TCS, Tech Mahindra.
- Problem-Solving Aptitiude tests: VeriFone, Virtusa, Wipro, Zensar.
Other Placement Aptitude Tests
- General Aptitude Test.
- Quantitative Aptitude Test.
- Verbal Ability Aptitude Test.
- Logical Reasoning Aptitude Test.
- Cognitive Speed Aptitude Test.
- Critical Thinking Aptitude Test.
- Decision-Making Aptitude Test.
- Problem-Solving Aptitude Test.
- Psychometric Aptitude Test.
- Spatial Reasoning Aptitude Test.
Free Mathematics Tutorials
Maths problems with answers for grade 5.
Grade 5 maths problems with answers are presented. Also Solutions and explanations are included.
- Math Word Problems with Solutions and Explanations for Grade 5
- Primary Math (Grades 4 and 5) - Free Questions and Problems With Answers
- Grade 6 Math word Problems With Answers
- Grade 4 Math Word Problems With Answers
- Add Fractions and Mixed Numbers - Examples and Questions with Answers (Grade 5)
Share with us.
Worksheets and Daily Practice, Home Learning
Rapid reasoning year 5 weeks 1 to 6.
Six weeks of daily reasoning and problem solving questions (approximately three per day) mapped to a progression document for Year 5; use in conjunction with daily arithmetic practice from Fluent in Five.
Resources to raise maths attainment for all pupils
Use alongside our intervention programmes to see the greatest impact across your school.
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Figurative language
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- Multiplication & division
Download & Print Only $7.90
Grade 5 Multiplication & Division Worksheets
Multiply & divide with grade 5 worksheets.
These grade 5 worksheets provide more challenging practice on multiplication and division concepts learned in earlier grades.
Sample Grade 5 Division Worksheet
More division worksheets
Explore all of our division worksheets , from simple division facts to long division of large numbers.
More multiplication worksheets
Find all of our multiplication worksheets , from basic multiplication facts to multiplying multi-digit whole numbers in columns.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
View Related Sites
- Find a test centre
- Help and support
Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing
Thinking skills assessment (tsa).
Discover students who will thrive on your degree courses
"TSA contains a Critical Thinking component – which is essential for university study, and not something students may necessarily focus on at school. The test helps us to identify those who will thrive at UCL as it allows students to demonstrate their potential to develop this skill."
Tessa Robinson, Administrative Manager, European and Social Political Studies
University College London, UK
TSA is an assessment of critical thinking and problem-solving skills, skills that are widely identified as the most important skills for study and employment.
The test is designed to help you select students with the potential to succeed in higher education. This includes degree courses, such as Engineering, Economics, Politics, and Psychology.
Developed in collaboration with world-leading universities, TSA has been enhancing selection processes since 2001.
Contact us about using TSA at your university.
Why use TSA?
Discover students with the right skills TSA focuses on academic thinking skills such as problem-solving and critical thinking, which are crucial for university study but are not the focus of school qualifications.
Predict success TSA helps you identify applicants who will thrive on your course. Validity studies show a positive relationship between test scores and on-course performance.
Support widening access TSA is designed to be accessible to all applicants. It is a test of skills, not prior knowledge and therefore provides students with another opportunity to show what they can do.
Gain international reach TSA can be taken either through our global network of test centres or online as a secure remote-proctored test. You can reach applicants from across the world.
Make a fair comparison TSA gives a common benchmark of an applicant’s core thinking skills, providing you with a fair way to compare candidates from different educational or cultural backgrounds.
Who uses TSA?
We are a trusted partner to universities around the world. Here’s a selection of institutions using TSA:
- Ashoka University, India – Read the case study
- Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP), Malaysia
- University College London (UCL) – Read the case study
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford .
- openbook Test format
- navigate Costs and administration
- notebook Preparing for TSA
- zoom TSA research
Read the TSA question guide for an overview of the test format and content.
View a TSA sample paper
Costs and administration
TSA can be administered:
- through our global network of authorised test centres
- at schools/colleges which have applied to run the test
- at home via remote-proctoring technology
- at your own institution.
We keep test fees to affordable levels to ensure they do not present a barrier to students entering university.
The test fee depends on how and where the test is administered. The fee can be either charged to the institution direct, or passed on to test-takers.
Preparing for TSA
TSA measures problem-solving and critical thinking skills and is designed to be taken with minimal preparation. There is no need for students to take a preparation course or undertake additional preparation, beyond familiarising themselves with the test format and question style.
We support test-takers with a range of free materials and resources to help them prepare for the test, including specimen papers and the TSA question guide.
You can see samples of TSA preparation materials here .
TSA is produced using research and processes conforming to international quality standards. We conduct extensive research to ensure validity and fairness of our admissions tests.
Key TSA research points:
- TSA predicts future performance on a range of undergraduate courses.
- TSA helps to shortlist candidates who are more likely to perform well at interview in later selection phases.
- Preparation for TSA aims to help candidates develop critical thinking skills that will benefit their studies.
The Stockholm School of Economics uses TSA in the admission process of one quota of students to our BSc program in Business and Economics. The students selected based on their TSA scores and interviews have performed very well in the program. We are also very happy with the ease of the TSA administration process and the helpfulness of our company contacts. Anna Nyberg , Program Director, BSc Business & Economics, Stockholm School of Economics
Maths problem solving questions year 5
Best of all, Maths problem solving questions year 5 is free to use, so there's no sense not to give it a try!
Daily Math Word Problems
Here you will find our selection of 5th Grade Math Problems which will help you practice and apply your math skills to solve a range of longer
Do math question
Doing homework can help you learn and understand the material covered in class.
Do mathematic problems
Doing homework can help improve grades.
Reach support from expert professors
You can get expert support from professors at your school.
This Year 5 maths worksheet focuses on finding fractions of amounts, and includes an arithmetic warm up involving adding and subtracting fractions, before moving onto reasoning questions that test how well children have learned how to calculate fractions of amounts. Example sheets from our Independent Recap activities.
The four operations Mixed 4 operations Estimating and rounding word problems Grade 5 fractions and decimal word problems Addition and subtraction of fractions Addition and subtraction of mixed numbers Division of numbers with fractional answers Dividing by unit fractions Multiplying fractions word problems Mixed operations with fractions
Explore all our in-depth problem solving investigations for Year 5. Use problem-solving investigations within every unit to encourage children to develop and exercise their ability to reason mathematically and think creatively.
Year 5 (age 9-10) Reasoning/Problem Solving Maths Worksheets for Year 5 (age 9-10) Expectations are high for the end of Year 5! All four number operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are used to solve one-step and two-step problems involving money, measurement and time.
Reasoning problems Year 5/6 with answers Subject: Mathematics Age range: 7-11 Resource type: Worksheet/Activity 2 reviews File previews docx, 14.96 KB Creative Commons "Sharealike" to let us know if it violates our terms and conditions. Last updated 8 May 2019 Not quite what you were looking for? Search by keyword to find the right resource:
Year 5 problem solving Short problem solving activity using place value of numbers ID: 2863604 Language: English School subject: Math Grade/level: Year 5 Age: 8-10 Main content: Problem solving Other contents: Add to my workbooks (2) Add to Google Classroom Add to Microsoft Teams
Abacus Year 5 Problem Solving and Reasoning Test Sample
Problem solving tests are designed to assess a range of skills that are essential for success in the workplace. The ability to creative think is perhaps the most important skill that is tested, as it allows candidates to generate multiple solutions to a problem.
Questions from the OECD PISA test in 2018, 2015 and 2012. Also includes information on test criteria. Toggle navigation. Follow us. English Follow us. English Home; About; PISA Test ... Science and Collaborative Problem Solving Items (Field Trial) pdf. Science and Collaborative Problem Solving Items - interactive Items PISA 2012. Mathematics ...
A. Hours grew by 24% across all ten countries over the last 12 years B. Slovenia had the greatest growth in Productivity over the last 12 years C. Spain had the least growth in Productivity over the last 12 years D. Germany had the least growth in Hours over the last 12 years 7. To the nearest tenth of a percentage point, what is the difference
Year ssessment oolkit earson ucation t 21 General information Questions in the Arithmetic test are usually worth 1 mark. In Key Stage 2, two marks may be available for the use of an appropriate written method. Questions in the Problem solving and reasoning test can be worth 1, 2 or 3 marks.
Here you will find a range of printable Year 5 mental maths sheets for your child to enjoy. Each quiz tests the children on a range of maths topics from number facts and mental arithmetic to geometry, fraction and measures questions. A great way to revise topics, or use as a weekly math test or math quiz! Year 5 Mental Maths Worksheet Top of Page
Year 5 Maths Reasoning Test Set 1 Assessment Pack and Analysis Grid Free Account Includes: Thousands of FREE teaching resources to download Pick your own FREE resource every week with our newsletter Suggest a Resource! You want it? We'll make it 24/7 customer support (with real people!)
Problem solving problems, practice, tests, worksheets, questions, quizzes, teacher assignments | Year 5 | Australia School Math
Mixed Grade 5 Mixed Word Problems Mixed word problem worksheets Below are mixed word problems including the 4 basic operations, fractions, decimals, LCM / GCF and variables. Mixing different types of word problems encourages students to read and think about the questions, rather than simply recognizing a pattern to the solutions.
26 Good Examples of Problem-Solving (Interview Answers) 8 Common Problem-Solving Interview Questions and Answers. Problem-Solving Questions and Answers for Interviews. 250+ TOP MCQs on Problem-Solving and Answers. Free Problem-Solving Online Practice Tests - WizIQ. Problem-solving test: Telomere replication - PubMed.
Grade 5 maths problems with answers are presented. Also Solutions and explanations are included. A large box contains 18 small boxes and each small box contains 25 chocolate bars. How many chocolate bars are in the large box? It takes John 25 minutes to walk to the car park and 45 to drive to work.
Rapid Reasoning Year 5 Weeks 1 to 6. Six weeks of daily reasoning and problem solving questions (approximately three per day) mapped to a progression document for Year 5; use in conjunction with daily arithmetic practice from Fluent in Five. Year 5. Problem Solving.
Grade 5 Multiplication & Division Worksheets Multiply & divide with grade 5 worksheets These grade 5 worksheets provide more challenging practice on multiplication and division concepts learned in earlier grades. Sample Grade 5 Division Worksheet More division worksheets
TSA is an assessment of critical thinking and problem-solving skills, skills that are widely identified as the most important skills for study and employment. The test is designed to help you select students with the potential to succeed in higher education. This includes degree courses, such as Engineering, Economics, Politics, and Psychology.
Maths problem solving questions year 5 - Best of all, Maths problem solving questions year 5 is free to use, so there's no sense not to give it a try! ... Algebra 1 polynomials test ch 8 ...